Start CJ Fair | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Start CJ Fair

Why?
What possible good can come from switching the lineup now? Especially over the 2 f*cking minutes Rak plays per game. We're undefeated with Fab Melo and you are suggesting they should change the starting lineup. That's just making a change for the sake of it.

I wish he showed the same tenacity on the defensive boards as he does on the offensive end.

What possible good can come from switching the lineup now? Especially over the 2 f*cking minutes Rak plays per game. We're undefeated with Fab Melo and you are suggesting they should change the starting lineup. That's just making a change for the sake of it.

It's about how we're playing and getting better not what our record is. The 2 f*cking minutes may not mean anything... Unless we end up in a 1 possession game like last Monday. If we lost to Louisville by 1 instead of winning by 1, maybe those 2 minutes would have meant the difference between a win and a loss. Maybe not, who knows...

It's about how we're playing and getting better not what our record is. The 2 f*cking minutes may not mean anything... Unless we end up in a 1 possession game like last Monday. If we lost to Louisville by 1 instead of winning by 1, maybe those 2 minutes would have meant the difference between a win and a loss. Maybe not, who knows...
Well over the past week we've beaten Georgetown, UConn, @ Louisville and @ Rutgers. I'm fine with that.

Well over the past week we've beaten Georgetown, UConn, @ Louisville and @ Rutgers. I'm fine with that.

I'm happy with the results as well, but I'm not going to just burry my head in the sand and think that the team can't get better and do some things differently.

I'm happy with the results as well, but I'm not going to just burry my head in the sand and think that the team can't get better and do some things differently.
What you're ultimately suggesting is that CJ Fair play 40mpg though, correct?

He played 38 today, 35 vs. Louisville, 38 vs. UConn and 38 vs. GTown (OT though, and he was 2/10 that game).

What you're ultimately suggesting is that CJ Fair play 40mpg though, correct?

He played 38 today, 35 vs. Louisville, 38 vs. UConn and 38 vs. GTown (OT though, and he was 2/10 that game).

So what you're saying is that Rak playing 2 minutes at the beginning of the game is giving CJ a breather? I don't buy it. If Rak is playing just to eat up 2 minutes and keep CJ from playing 40, then why not have Rak come in for CJ when CJ needs a break? I just don't get the purpose of the token start for 2 minutes... Maybe there's some great logic, I don't know. It certainly isn't allowing Rak time to develop. As soon as he makes a mistake, he's done for the game.

You're right, Boeheim makes the right decision 100% of the time! He may have his reasons for doing it, I just don't see why.
Perhaps XMAS was promised a starting position during recruitment and perhaps NN has also been promised a starting position so that it is up to him to deserve not to be taken out but the burden of proof is on the player. The player gets to show what he can do and in XMAS's case he is not showing enough to stay on the court. Melo might also have been promised a starting slot as a frosh. Not a bad recruiting strategy when you are going against Paypal Cal.

Perhaps XMAS was promised a starting position during recruitment and perhaps NN has also been promised a starting position so that it is up to him to deserve not to be taken out but the burden of proof is on the player. The player gets to show what he can do and in XMAS's case he is not showing enough to stay on the court. Melo might also have been promised a starting slot as a frosh. Not a bad recruiting strategy when you are going against Paypal Cal.

Maybe that's what it is? I'd be surprised if JB promised starting spots, but I imagine you have to whatever it takes to compete on the recruiting trail.

Fair wasn't particularly impressive when he had to start while Melo was out. He's been coming off the bench all season, and I think it's helped him to sit for the first few minutes so he can get an idea of what defenses are doing and where he can slide in to get open looks before he comes in.

The distribution of minutes is much more relevant, and he's played more in the last five games than every starter except Joseph.

Starting CJ could tire him out quicker.

Give rak the first 2-4 minutes. Southerland isn't exactly a offensive worthy backup.

Some players almost would rather come off the bench. I believe Dion has said that. It helps them as they can see what the opposing team's offense and dfense is doing and they can adjust. Maybe JB knows those two are good at seeing how the game is being played and coming in to deal with game plan the other team is using.

But, I guess, that probably wouldn't be a good enough explaination for some. So, since SU has lost a game this year, and even though they are 3 games from hitting 30 wins, JB might as well change the line up, potentially messing up his game plan because some fans think CJ deserves to start over RAK, even though CJ coming off the bench is much better than him starting. Shoot...let's just start MCW, RAK, Dirty, BMK and CJ as obviously JB's current setup is not working. I mean might as well second guess a Hall of Fame coach, who has 30+ years of 20+ wins, etc., right? I am sure he doesn't have any clue on what he is doing.

Don't f@ck with what's working. We've lost 1 game. His time will come, next season. He'll be the starting SF.
and don't forget the game we lost he started