Start watching the women's team! | Syracusefan.com

Start watching the women's team!

General20

Basketball Maven
I know they have their own board, but I wanted to take a second to promote them.

This is an exciting team. Maybe the most exciting team in men's or women's college basketball.

Felicia Legette-Jack is the best most exciting coach SU has in any sport.

Dyaisha Fair is one of college basketball's all time greats. She has scored over 3,000 career points and is going to finish top 10 all time in career points with something like 1000 more points than Lawrence Moten (the SU and Big East all time leading scorer) had.

When you go tk the games you get treated like royalty. For $10 anyone can go to the Dome and have run of the place like nobody other than Jim Boeheim gets at the men's game.

Now is the time to jump on the bandwagon.

I know they have their own board, but I wanted to take a second to promote them.

This is an exciting team. Maybe the most exciting team in men's or women's college basketball.

Dyaisha Fair is one of college basketball's all time greats. She has scored over 3,000 career points and is going to finish top 10 all time in career points with something like 1000 more points than Lawrence Moten (the SU and Big East all time leading scorer) had.

When you go tk the games you get treated like royalty. For $10 anyone can go to the Dome and have run of the place like nobody other than Jim Boeheim gets at the men's game.

Tonight's game was fantastic basketball!

By the way they are 15-2 and 5-1 in conference. They have beaten ranked Notre Dame (#19) and Fla St (#15) and Iowa St (#24) and were ranked #25 in the coaches poll before the Fla St win.

Nah. I’m good.

They are the most exciting ticket in town. Definitely worth a follow. Click here to see their schedule.

Sports package on Sling gets you the channels you need.

They will be top 20 most likely when they go on a 3 game stretch against some other top 20 teams. If things go well, they could be top 10 when the finish the season against #4 NC State. If things go well, you are talking a 2 seed in the tournament.

I think the slow starts are going to catch with them in a bad way, but who knows. That is why we watch.

There is no reason to not watch them.

cuse.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad they're doing well. I'm just not into women's basketball. I've tried watching in the past and and can't get into it. I wish I was. It's fun rooting for a ranked team that's beating other ranked teams.

I'm glad they're doing well. I'm just not into women's basketball. I've tried watching in the past and and can't get into it. I wish I was. It's fun rooting for a ranked team that's beating other ranked teams.
They play a good brand of basketball. Its a fun watch, IMO.

They move off ball, are unselfish, hit their shots, play with grit. Its fun.

Contrast that with players whom stand still off ball are selfish, miss their shots and don't get back on D. Not fun, regardless of gender.

That’s where I’m at. If they are winning good for them. But if given the choice between watching Syracuse women’s basketball and a random men’s game with 2 average mid-majors I’m taking the men’s game.

The ability to see a player like Ms Fair are few and far between. Her ability to break a player down and score or make an assist is amazing. To have a chance of seeing her in person is worth the experience; but each their own.

That’s where I’m at. If they are winning good for them. But if given the choice between watching Syracuse women’s basketball and a random men’s game with 2 average mid-majors I’m taking the men’s game.
Too bad. Don't know what you're missing. Dyaisha is the most dynamic basketball player, regardless of gender, to wear orange.

Missing out. The games are exciting. Good D and ball movement. Hustle for rebounds. Men’s game seems to have to many me players. No dunks in the women’s game but good basketball.

This might come down to the difference between being a fan of the sport of basketball or being a fan of a basketball team.

I like basketball as a sport, but seeing it played beautifully, or however we want to quantify that, is not very important to me. If this makes sense, I’m more so a fan of a basketball team than a fan of the sport of basketball. This contrasts with football, where I love the sport but I ‘just’ loosely follow Syracuse football and catch a game in person here and there.

Idk. Happy they’re doing well and representing the university well. I have seen a women’s game in person once before. It wasn’t a bad experience.

Last edited:
I have been at the last two games. I love our men’s team passionately and my mental health seems to depend upon whether they win or lose. Alas, my mental health has cratered the last few years!

So even though I can’t imagine having the same passion for the women, I must say they are fun and exciting. Florida State is a very good team and we assumed they would beat us. So exciting to see the comeback. So, as long as I keep getting tickets, I believe I will attend as many home games as possible. I would certainly consider buying season tickets.

They play a good brand of basketball. Its a fun watch, IMO.

They move off ball, are unselfish, hit their shots, play with grit. Its fun.

Contrast that with players whom stand still off ball are selfish, miss their shots and don't get back on D. Not fun, regardless of gender.
Sure. I get why other people like to watch. I just prefer the above the rim nature of the men. I wish the men's game was as skilled as it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom