Starting 5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting 5

I don’t know and neither does anyone else. I tend to think Frank is a tough kid. He’s from PG County and played in the DC Catholic League where the crowds aren’t gentle.

Boeheim isn’t going to keep him out there if Frank isn’t contributing, now that there appears to be an alternative. If he gets benched and can’t handle it, then thats what will happen.

This is The Big Time. The rules are well understood. You play better than the player behind you or you sit.

I don't entirely disagree in theory since sports are about as merit-based as merit-based things get. But I think with frank in particular we saw him struggle when relegated to a bench role as a soph (I know there was an ab injury but he also didn't appear to handle the adversity well).

Frank hasn't had a great senior season, which sucks, and he's had two bad games in a row, which also sucks, but this is a kid that helped us get to the sweet 16 last year and played a big role in beating duke on the road less than a month ago. Taking a breath and trying help him work his way through it is important.

I actually think the current starting lineup is fine. You have 4 guys who are capable of scoring 15+ points if they are playing well. Give them the chance to play well. Chewy is a complete frustrating wildcard, but you get a decent version about half the time. And 2-3 times this year we absolutely needed him. Buddy is a good change of pace off the bench. If he gets hot from downtown, easy to move Eli/Frank to the bench while he does his thing. Marek has his good games as the 5. Either because of size of opponent, or because Chewy/Sidibe give you nothing. Carey is there for a press, injury, foul trouble, etc.

This team has been incredibly inconsistent and messes with your head. If we are going to go on any sort of run, we are going to need that lineup flexibility. I think JB realizes this and has been willing to try some different options. An optimist would say we have seen enough flashes from all 8-9 guys to think this can still be a team that can go far if they can gel. Every single guy (exept Sidibe) has had a great game this year.

I'm somewhere in between. It is very tough to predict what kind of team shows up.

You bench Frank you will get less than anything out of him the rest of the season.

seems JAB is more than ready to give him the hook when he doesn't show up (like last few games.)

And he said so in the press conference last night.

He also said, "... unless Frank doesn't make any shots for a couple more games."

He also said, "... unless Frank doesn't make any shots for a couple more games."

Sounds logical to me. Clearly JB isn’t going to continue to play Frank if his playing craters (such as in no points in two consecutive games given where we are. No one would expect him to.

This part of his statement was a throw-away line anyway. JBs point was that Frank’s experience counts for a lot and that he would be given every chance to contribute. He’s still the starter and JB still has confidence in him.

But you know that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom