Starting Line for Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Starting Line for Next Year

mlbball99

2nd String
I know people hate to look to next year but its only Monday and its gonna be a long 5 days until Missouri. Wanted to post this and get peoples ideas of how are team will mold next year after losing a lot of key people.

Questions for thought:
Where do we put Broyld in?
Will there be any true freshman?
What players do we have now that we may not know about that will be very big impact players next year?
Starting Lineup Next Year:
QB: Allen/Loeb
RB: Smith, PTG, AAM
WR1: Funderburk
WR2: West
WR3: Kobena
WR4: Flemming, Clark
TE: Wales
TE2: Ron Thompson
OLine: I have no idea on the O-Line please help there

DE: Piece-Brewster
DE: John Raymon/Micah Robinson
DT: Bromley
DT: Crume

LB:Spruill
LB: Dy Davis
LB: James Washington?

CB: Lyn
CB: Reddish
CB: Morgan
SS: Desir
FS: Wilkes

what is the deal with flemming.. all the talk preseason, gets hurt, comes back and hardly sees the field

what is the deal with flemming.. all the talk preseason, gets hurt, comes back and hardly sees the field

Im not even sure if he really exists. Like bigfoot or the tooth fairy

Did you expect Fleming to take catches away from lemon sales and west?

Outside of funderburke and west pt is going to be wide open. Will be a great position battle to watch.

Kobena, Fleming, Clark, Hale, Cornelius and Lewis

My money is on the first four names and I suspect if any of the last three can break into the rotation we'll have a player

Did you expect Fleming to take catches away from lemon sales and west?

Outside of funderburke and west pt is going to be wide open. Will be a great position battle to watch.

Kobena, Fleming, Clark, Hale, Cornelius and Lewis

My money is on the first four names and I suspect if any of the last three can break into the rotation we'll have a player

We won't have too much in the way of proven receiver talent after West but we certainly have good number and ability. We are so far removed from the days where if one of the WR goes down we don't have a decent option to turn to.

Also why does it seem like no one even remembers there is a kid named Foster on this team. If he comes back healthy I think he'll be on the heavy side of the rotation. Hope your getting better Foster.

IMO:
QB: Loeb, Allen
FB: Coker, M.Davis
TE: Thomson, Wales, Parris
WR: Funderbunk, West, Flemming, Kobena, Foster.
LT: Hickey, Knapp
LG: Trudo, Officer (hopefully)
C: Macky, Emerich
RG: Foy, Palmer
RT: Robinson, Phillips

DE: MPB, Welsh
NT: W. Willams, Crume, Walls
DT: Bromley, Z. Jones
DE: Raymon, Robinson
SLB: Spruill, Vigille
MLB: Lynch, JUCO?
WLB: Dy. Davis, Washington
SS: Eskridge, Ford
FS: Wilkes, Desir
FCB: Lyn, Anderson, Morgan
SDB: Reddish, Whigham (move to safety?), George

K:Krautman
P: Fisher
LS: Rogers
KR: Kobena
PR: Desir

Have serious depth issues at LB and OL... we may need to add JUCOs to solidify depth.

Here's the starting offensive line next year: Hickey Trudo McPherson Palmer Knapp. That' s my call

IMO:
QB: Loeb, Allen
FB: Coker, M.Davis
TE: Thomson, Wales, Parris
WR: Funderbunk, West, Flemming, Kobena, Foster.
LT: Hickey, Knapp
LG: Trudo, Officer (hopefully)
C: Macky, Emerich
RG: Foy, Palmer
RT: Richardson, Phillips

DE: MPB, Welsh
NT: W. Willams, Crume, Walls
DT: Bromley, Z. Jones
DE: Raymon, Robinson
SLB: Spruill, Vigille
MLB: Lynch, JUCO?
WLB: Dy. Davis, Washington
SS: Eskridge, Ford
FS: Wilkes, Desir
FCB: Lyn, Anderson, Morgan
SDB: Reddish, Whigham (move to safety?), George

K:Krautman
P: Fisher
LS: Rogers
KR: Kobena
PR: Desir

Have serious depth issues at LB and OL... we may need to add JUCOs to solidify depth.

Who the heck is Richardson? If you are including freshmen on the two deep, don't forget that Marquez Hodge and Devan Carter are linebackers

We won't have too much in the way of proven receiver talent after West but we certainly have good number and ability. We are so far removed from the days where if one of the WR goes down we don't have a decent option to turn to.

Also why does it seem like no one even remembers there is a kid named Foster on this team. If he comes back healthy I think he'll be on the heavy side of the rotation. Hope your getting better Foster.
HCDM loves Foster.

You are forgetting WR KYLE FOSTER. - I think he could potentially be the #2 WR on the team.

Raymon is definitely a DT not a DE. Potentially deepest unit on team if Bromley stays.

In addition to Broyld, what happens to Kinder or Hunt if they aren't starters? Does either or both get a shot at WR?

James Washington at MLB is really interesting. Especially because he played LB in HS, knows the position and our lack of size at that position hurt this year.

So everyone is in agreement that Pugh is gone after this year?

If James Washington's game is anything like his highlight tape, I would LOVE to see him at middle linebacker.

And don't forget Dontez Ford as a potential receiver. He was giving the first team defense some good looks there earlier in the year. He could be something. Man, this team may lack some things but it's definitely not options at wideout.

What could Marrone do with all the leftover bodies?

Not everyone. But, can't blame him IF he is projected in first three rounds.

If James Washington's game is anything like his highlight tape, I would LOVE to see him at middle linebacker.

And don't forget Dontez Ford as a potential receiver. He was giving the first team defense some good looks there earlier in the year. He could be something. Man, this team may lack some things but it's definitely not options at wideout.

What could Marrone do with all the leftover bodies?
I thought Ford was a DB?

Yeah. He's a true junior. His next catch will be gis first.

Usually a guy that gets hyped so much has more on field performance to point to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone. But, can't blame him IF he is projected in first three rounds.
He is gone from what I've heard. Might go as high as late 1st round.
You are forgetting WR KYLE FOSTER. - I think he could potentially be the #2 WR on the team.

Raymon is definitely a DT not a DE. Potentially deepest unit on team if Bromley stays.

In addition to Broyld, what happens to Kinder or Hunt if they aren't starters? Does either or both get a shot at WR?

James Washington at MLB is really interesting. Especially because he played LB in HS, knows the position and our lack of size at that position hurt this year.
I wouldn't be surprised if Foster ended up our top WR next year. Don't sleep on Lewis.

I thought Ford was a DB?

Was recruited as a DB, started his freshman career as a DB, but then the Post Standard reported he was being used effectivley as a wide receiver in practice. I was plesantly surprised by this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foster ended up our top WR next year. Don't sleep on Lewis.

Pretty confident the top 4 WR's will be West, Foster, Funderburk, Lewis, in that order, to start out. I fully expect Funderburk to be at the top of the depth chart at the end of the spring, and Foster/Lewis fighting it out for the possession receiver/slot receiver role. Clark/Kobena will see situational duty to stretch the field. I'd be shocked if Flemming stayed healthly enough to actually make it out of camp. Just not reliable. Hale and Cornelius are the big wild cards to me - have heard good things about Hale.

Where did you hear this on Pugh? OT is not the same as the skill positions. There is obviously risk for injury but there isnt a surplus of OL *not* projected solid 1st round that declare. Ajd Pugh is not projected 1st round atm. This draft is loaded at OT. Pugh will be a leftover this year. Next year, hes looking at being main course. Hes leaving money on the table by leaving early. And i certainly dont assume hes going to jump to the NFL because hes projected 3rd round now.

Questions for thought:
George Morris will get some carries as well. On-field results will dictate how these will be distributed as the season moves forward.

Where did you hear this on Pugh? OT is not the same as the skill positions. There is obviously risk for injury but there isnt a surplus of OL *not* projected solid 1st round that declare. Ajd Pugh is not projected 1st round atm. This draft is loaded at OT. Pugh will be a leftover this year. Next year, hes looking at being main course. Hes leaving money on the table by leaving early. And i certainly dont assume hes going to jump to the NFL because hes projected 3rd round now.
You could be right.

Selfishly, I'd love for JP to stay for his RS senior season. We'd have one of the better Olines in the country.

Maybe I misunderstood my source, he made it sound like JP was told he could go in the first round. Much like Chandler Jones, I think JP will wow scouts when he works out for them.

Pretty confident the top 4 WR's will be West, Foster, Funderburk, Lewis, in that order, to start out. I fully expect Funderburk to be at the top of the depth chart at the end of the spring, and Foster/Lewis fighting it out for the possession receiver/slot receiver role. Clark/Kobena will see situational duty to stretch the field. I'd be shocked if Flemming stayed healthly enough to actually make it out of camp. Just not reliable. Hale and Cornelius are the big wild cards to me - have heard good things about Hale.
Great analysis...now we need to sort out who throws the ball to them.

Nope, he just isn't good enough to be starting next year. ;)

I agree with 007...love to have him back but he's got to do what's best for him. I hope you guys had some syrup and butter because Justin made some pancakes in the Dome last Saturday.

The line looks talented but thin depth wise.