Starting the clock after Malachi's missed FT | Syracusefan.com

Starting the clock after Malachi's missed FT

Eric15

Living Legend
Did anyone notice that it took the clock operator almost a full second to start the clock after that missed free throw and rebound? When there is 2.1 seconds left, that is an eternity.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that it took the clock operator almost a full second to start the clock after that missed free throw and rebound? When there is 2.4 seconds left, that is an eternity.
He will surely hear about that from K, as a full two seconds is the expected standard in that situation.

Did anyone notice that it took the clock operator almost a full second to start the clock after that missed free throw and rebound? When there is 2.4 seconds left, that is an eternity.

Yep. I noticed that during the replay. Home Cookin.

When does the clock start on a missed free throw? When the ball hits the rim, or when a player first touches the missed carom?

There was actually 2.1 secs left. I noticed the clock didn't start until the player reached the ft line. I still can't understand JB not having at least 1 man on the line.

In the 'Unbiased Duke take at end of the game' thread there's a great breakdown of it. Basically, the author concluded that Jones had to being moving at a rate of 102.3 mph in order to go the approx. 15' he traveled in the allotted 0.1 seconds off the game clock. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and how the author found that to be truly 'amazing!'

Last edited:
In the 'Unbiased Duke take at end of the game' thread there's a great breakdown of it. Basically, the author concluded that Jones had to being moving at a rate of 102.3 mph in order to go the approx. 15' he traveled in the allotted 0.1 seconds off the game clock. ;)
Clear indication of cheating. Not the clock operator, I believe Coach K is actually super villain Dr. K. and he has been dabbling in bionics to provide his otherwise normal looking white players with super human abilities.

the clock starts when the ref says it starts.. you cant anticipate the contact either. not always as easy as it seems to start it at the exact time if you have tried running a clock.

Clear indication of cheating. Not the clock operator, I believe Coach K is actually super villain Dr. K. and he has been dabbling in bionics to provide his otherwise normal looking white players with super human abilities.

Home cookin for sure as shortly before that the clock operator made an error resulting in the refs stopping play to get the clock right. This gave Duke a timeout which they didn't have as they had exhausted all of theirs. :mad:

the clock starts when the ref says it starts.. you cant anticipate the contact either. not always as easy as it seems to start it at the exact time if you have tried running a clock.

I believe the refs start the clock in the NBA but I do not believe that is the case in the NCAA.

Atlanta Scorekeepers used to be the worst in the NBA. They had many incidents and were known for their incompetence. :

Last edited:
Home cookin for sure as shortly before that the clock operator made an error resulting in the refs stopping play to get the clock right. This gave Duke a timeout which they didn't have as they had exhausted all of theirs. :mad:
Carolina fans claim there is a long history of clock shenanigans at Cameron.

The cameron clock operator is an amazing person. Hes just amazing. Did you see the last play? That was amazing clock management. Just amazing. God bless america.

Beautiful! :rolling:

According to the rule, the clock starts once the ball is in the players hands. There is no reference to the refs starting the clock. Although, clarification on the point would be nice.

per rule 5-10
"After time has been out, the game clock shall be started when the official
signals time in"

Sitting on the opposite end of the court with my head nearly scraping the ceiling gave me a great vantage point. Having seen this stuff play out before my eyes were already on the clock and the rebound.

I had enough time to notice it didn't start, tap my girlfriend on the arm, and point to say "clock!" It sure felt like an eternity.

It's Cameron. That script had already been written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom