State rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

State rankings

And he looked like a stud in the spring.
And when the staff was recruiting him they had him as a fringe D1 player as a WR and potential all-BE as a CB. But what do they know compared to Cali?

never question Cali Bnoro without a string of garlic around your neck and a silver bullet in your chamber

If Belfort landed an offer from us I think he would be a big help to landing Ogundeko and Edwards. They are all very close.
I am curious that we have not offered Belfort(as per Scout) I have read he really wants to come to Cuse. Certainly could use him.

I am curious that we have not offered Belfort(as per Scout) I have read he really wants to come to Cuse. Certainly could use him.
because he's barely got the grades for a community college

because he's barely got the grades for a community college
Not to mention the fact that he might be a borderline D-1 player. We're no longer taking bottom of the barrel types

Not to mention the fact that he might be a borderline D-1 player. We're no longer taking bottom of the barrel types
I wouldn't say that. Kid had a lot of interest from BCS schools, good size, and good speed for that size. Not to mention he's from one of our main recruiting areas and is good friends with EO. If he could qualify i think he'd already be committed here.

thats just plain cold....i guess there will always be more "recruiting experts" than players

And when the staff was recruiting him they had him as a fringe D1 player as a WR and potential all-BE as a CB. But what do they know compared to Cali?

I'm with Cali on this one -- I mean, if Tebucky Jones had just stuck at RB he would have been so much better than the completely wasted season he spent at Safety.

Couple of updates for NYS HS football fans. James Coleman, a 6'3, 195 athlete from Christ the King HS in Queens (not even included in my list) recently verbaled to UB.

His teammate, Jordan Fuchs, recently got an offer to play football at UConn. He has around 20 offers for basketball, including ones from Florida, Providence, Rutgers and Xavier. It will be interesting to see where he goes. I am still intrigued with the thought of a 6'6 220 WR who is really athletic. I think we are still looking for a WR. If we strike out with our top prospects, he would not be a bad fall back plan.

This is truly great info, particularly with the general lack of any SU football info we are currently receive.

I'm with Cali on this one -- I mean, if Tebucky Jones had just stuck at RB he would have been so much better than the completely wasted season he spent at Safety.
I'm not completely sure if you're serious.

There are plenty of examples of how position switches helped a player, T-Buck, Merk, Hogue. But after seeing how well Reddish played at CB last season and in the spring, combined with the facts in the statement you quoted, what about that makes you think he should be moved to WR? Especially with the options there this season in Sales and Lemon?

I'm not sure you're necessarily saying this but I'd be wary of suggesting that simply losing a bunch of games the last several seasons vs. signing/getting verbals from a couple more highly regarded recruits the past year or so means our recruiting is picked up that dramatically.

I agree we seem to be in on more higher profile kids and fewer under-the-radar kids but even with the kids we had, we won 8 games two years ago and it's hard to truly judge that talent with 30 kids were sent packing. We basically lacked depth everywhere and it was simply a huge issue.

So while our recruiting appears to have picked up I think it's getting ahead of ourselves to really, truly think we've progressed so far that we can safely trash the recruits of three or four years ago.

I'm not completely sure if you're serious.

There are plenty of examples of how position switches helped a player, T-Buck, Merk, Hogue. But after seeing how well Reddish played at CB last season and in the spring, combined with the facts in the statement you quoted, what about that makes you think he should be moved to WR? Especially with the options there this season in Sales and Lemon?

Oh, I was completely full of s--t. Just poorly delivered sarcasm based on how Tebucky was a pretty average RB and was an absolute stud who made a huge impact on the defensive side of the ball in just one year. I thought of using Hogue but he was a decent RB too, so I went with Tebucky. But, generally, I was just being a smug message board pr!ck. I like Reddish on D based on the general assumption that these team needs talent everywhere.

thats just plain cold....i guess there will always be more "recruiting experts" than players
Cold? It's called honesty and more people should try it. This kid is not going to qualify and we're in on better receivers lol that is simply the truth. He would be a waste of an off, doesn't take a "recruiting expert" to use common sense

Oh, I was completely full of s--t. Just poorly delivered sarcasm based on how Tebucky was a pretty average RB and was an absolute stud who made a huge impact on the defensive side of the ball in just one year. I thought of using Hogue but he was a decent RB too, so I went with Tebucky. But, generally, I was just being a smug message board pr!ck. I like Reddish on D based on the general assumption that these team needs talent everywhere.
Another prime example is Art Monk, who began his career at Syracuse as a TB, but switched to WR. Kevin Johnson also comes to mind (switched from QB to WR).

Cold? It's called honesty and more people should try it. This kid is not going to qualify and we're in on better receivers lol that is simply the truth. He would be a waste of an off, doesn't take a "recruiting expert" to use common sense

it takes common sense to call a kid a "bottom of the barrell types" who you know nothing of in his personal life.

then call me "uncommon"

the kid is most likely a better syracuse fan than you. you don't trash recruits without a VERY GOOD reason

it takes common sense to call a kid a "bottom of the barrell types" who you know nothing of in his personal life.

then call me "uncommon"

the kid is most likely a better syracuse fan than you. you don't trash recruits without a VERY GOOD reason
*cough* Chad Kelly *cough*

Couple of updates for NYS HS football fans. James Coleman, a 6'3, 195 athlete from Christ the King HS in Queens (not even included in my list) recently verbaled to UB.

His teammate, Jordan Fuchs, recently got an offer to play football at UConn. He has around 20 offers for basketball, including ones from Florida, Providence, Rutgers and Xavier. It will be interesting to see where he goes. I am still intrigued with the thought of a 6'6 220 WR who is really athletic. I think we are still looking for a WR. If we strike out with our top prospects, he would not be a bad fall back plan.
@NYPost_Brazille
Christ the King's Jordan Fuchs will visit UConn tomorrow for football, I'm told. #chsaafootball

@NYPost_Brazille
Christ the King's Jordan Fuchs will visit UConn tomorrow for football, I'm told. #chsaafootball
I think he is going to chose the Huskies. Kind of disappointed. Someone like that could be terrific in the red zone.

On a positive note, Syracuse will likely not have to play UConn while he is in Storrs. If he goes there (and plays football).

To my knowledge we've only offered 2 TE's this year. Tyler Provo who committed early to SU and another kid that committed to Michigan. Could just be a numbers thing as the prior poster had stated.

Does Jordan play any position other than TE? DE maybe? Is he fast enough to stay in the 220lb range and play WR?

We also have an offer out to a kid in GA that plays TE .. Taboda ...

Any idea what our chances are of pulling him from the South with the offer list he has?

I can't even move my fingers together close enough to give you an accurate representation ... which sucks ... he is a very good athlete. But 1% chance is generous ... that is my understanding anyway.

Wonder if SU has cooled on him a bit.

Zach Braziller@NYPost_Brazille
Christ the King WR Jordan Fuchs holds offers from Rutgers and UConn and interest from Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Iowa State, he said. #chsfl

Don't think we were really ever "warm on him" (I guess? Sounds kind of weird)
Correct. I was concerned the staff never saw him and was not aware of him. Now that I know he was at a Syracuse camp and the staff passed on him, I feel a lot better. I am a big fan of recruiting basketball players for WR/TE...they tend to have great hands and obviously are very good with balls in the air. Jordan could be a great weapon in the red zone.

But you need a lot more than size to be a good BCS player. Jordan was weighed, measured and found wanting, at least for Syracuse. Looks like he will be good enough to get a full ride somewhere else. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.