Statement from Marinatto .. a must read | Syracusefan.com

Statement from Marinatto .. a must read

cto

Administrator
Aside from the meaningless content, the grammar in the first sentence should cause a 7th grader to flunk. As written, that dependent clause at the beginning of the first sentence refers to the BIg East -- not to TCU.

STATEMENT FROM BIG EAST COMMISSIONER JOHN MARINATTO ON TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
“Although never having competed as a member of the BIG EAST Conference, we are disappointed with the news that TCU is joining the Big 12. As noted earlier today, our presidents met via teleconference this morning to focus on the future and have authorized us to engage in formal expansion discussions with additional institutions. We anticipate taking action in the near future.”

What's unfortunate now is that they can't even get Memphis. Their AD today said they deserve to be in the SEC. It won today's quote of the day I believe.

Marinatto's grammar is horrible. He lends no credibility to the conference.

I hate to rag on the guy, because he's probably under a substantial amount of stress with everything that's going on.

But since he has taken over, the BIG EAST has taken a nosedive.

I think some of it was a long time coming, but I also truly believe that the ADs in the conference knew as soon as he was hired that he was in way over his head, and the smart ones (thank God Syracuse was one of them) got out before it was too late.

Each BE Commish has gotten worse and worse. Gavitt was a C, Tranghese a D and Marinara an F.

Wow and its not like this was a statement that needed to be rushed. They've known about TCU's decision for about a week.

As noted earlier today, our presidents met via teleconference this morning to focus on the future and have authorized us to engage in formal expansion discussions with additional institutions.

Didn't do very well in English, but is that a dangling participle?

now that the good Dr has used his snake-oil sailsmanship to rightfully get Syracuse out of that freakin mess, i wonder if hes the right guy to tell the bmw to go f' themselves with this 5mm and 27 month bullsheep...

whoever had that post earlier about mizzou and nd to the b1g, i hope to hell that happens. lets have the b1g, the sec and the ACC at 14, with the pac12, big12 and get it it on. the bigleftovers can be at 12 with storz and rut for they will be trailing far far behind our kind of ilk.

One thing is certain...ND will not be joining any conference...until Armageddon is upon them. And it isn't.

The leftovers can only dream of our ilk.

I also truly believe that the ADs in the conference knew as soon as he was hired that he was in way over his head
If so, then they should have replaced him. They may well have tried which probably would've led to a party-line vote. Hoops & ND on one side, FB o. The other.