Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

No i still believe it is Cuse ... but people worried about UVA are forgetting that MD is involved here, and Locksley is a shark

John Garcia Jr.@JohnGarcia_Jr
Ebenezer Ogundeko will be at Augustus Edwards' announcement tomorrow morning (10 am, Tottenville High). NY's top 2013 football prospects

No i still believe it is Cuse ... but people worried about UVA are forgetting that MD is involved here, and Locksley is a shark
Should've just said that the first time ;). Good point, regardless. He's relentless.

Smith probably wouldn't even play RB here...

I think what Marrone wants to do is have kids that can fill roles in the offense. I see AAM, Morris, and Edwards as your more traditional one cut backs in the single back or I formation running power, zone, or counters.

Guys like Broyld, McFarland and Smith can be dynamic playmakers as the off back in the spread or the slot/motion player in a two back set. They will be the guys subbing in and out with H-backs/FB's to alter formations/personnel groups.

I think what Marrone wants to do is have kids that can fill roles in the offense. I see AAM, Morris, and Edwards as your more traditional one cut backs in the single back or I formation running power, zone, or counters.

Guys like Broyld, McFarland and Smith can be dynamic playmakers as the off back in the spread or the slot/motion player in a two back set. They will be the guys subbing in and out with H-backs/FB's to alter formations/personnel groups.

Would love to see Smith returning punts.

FYI - Spoke with NY Post's beat writer on Twitter. Asked his opinion on Smith/EO/Edwards. Said Syracuse in good shape with Smith, wouldn't be surprised if he came. EO will be more difficult.

Landing all three would go a long way toward silencing critics of our in-state recruiting.

Ebenezer Ogundeko will be at Augustus Edwards' announcement tomorrow morning (10 am, Tottenville High). NY's top 2013 football prospects

Very cool--hopefully, a good omen...

Landing all three would go a long way toward silencing critics of our in-state recruiting.

Absolutely agree. Hope it happens. I think it's possible, but wouldn't call it probable.

could there also be a surprise announcement tomorrow also:)

The problem is going to be Locksley and London after the announcement. I have heard nothing but Syracuse for awhile but in the same token was told both schools arent expected to back off one bit if he chooses Syracuse. Another reason why a .500 record at worst is needed this fall.

could there also be a surprise announcement tomorrow also:)
I think he wants the spotlight. I remember him mentioning reserving an event hall or something for the event.

yup...agree 100%

If Gus was a DC or MD kid I'd be worried about Locksley, otherwise I wouldn't get too worked up. Locksley doesn't have even remotely close in NYC the network he has in MD/DC. He will be a thorn in the side to anyone who recruits MD/DC though. Noone holds a candle to him recruiting that area.

"Additionally, Edwards has only visited Syracuse of the final four schools"
For me that item out of the article says it all.

How do we take that as far as our chances at EO? More often than not the buddies who start out wanting to play at the same school doesn't end up that way. We have to wait and see, but maybe EO surprises us with a suprise announcement tomorrow he is coming to the CUSE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom