(Stating the Obvious) The turning point was Mike Hopkins | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

(Stating the Obvious) The turning point was Mike Hopkins

I can agree with some of this, but some of it is hyperbolic. Serious question: Why do you think JB is fine damaging the program that he built and tarnishing his legacy? What excuses do you think he tells himself or his staff or Wildhack? It’s been something I’ve wanted to ask for a while. The downturn of the program is clear. So how do people think JB justifies it?
Your question assumes JB is fine with destroying the program. He thinks he can turn everything around despite all the factors which point to that not happening. Rather than begin the transition process he would rather keep things in limbo and satisfy his own needs and remain on as head coach. To me that's selfish.

Your question assumes JB is fine with destroying the program. He thinks he can turn everything around despite all the factors which point to that not happening. Rather than begin the transition process he would rather keep things in limbo and satisfy his own needs and remain on as head coach. To me that's selfish.

It's not that he intends to make things worse; he obviously doesn't.
It's just that he's arrogant, and has an "I know best" way that admittedly he has earned by winning over 1000 games.
The problem is that we need him to be more flexible. But generally speaking older people tend to get set in their ways as they age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom