Stats aside, I think that Fab | Syracusefan.com

Stats aside, I think that Fab

Cuse4

Scout Team
seems to be looking a little more like the Fab of old on offense and defense ... Yes, he is clearly in better shape and gets up and down the floor better ... I also think he's a better rebounder than a season ago ... But, the strides it looked like he was making as far as providing offense and blocking shots, look like they are diminishing ... I just really think he's the key to a national championship and when I see him going up extremely weak down low when he should be dunking the ball home, it bothers me ... Or when he's posting up and a guard actually throws the ball down there and he doesn't hold his position long enough to receive the pass ... And lastly, when a big is down low going up for a shot and his timing on a block shot looks so off and he commits a foul, or when he tries to take a million charges ... starting to think Baye and Xmas are going to be more valuable, even though I wish Fab could be that guy

I agree that folks have been undervaluing Baye, and tend not to see that Fab is still limited in his offensive skills. Fab can finish alley-oops; he has a jump shot; he does not have post moves (yet).
All three (Rak, Fab & Baye) are raw -- and you can see the potential. JB will have to rotate these guys in the C position and let all 3 develop. Good to see that Baye and Rak played some minutes together yesterday.

Fab can finish alley-oops; he has a jump shot; he does not have post moves (yet).
I think that "yet" may extend into next season unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom