Stay the course | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stay the course

Dino hasn't stayed the course. He replaced his OC and DC. He lost is STC, which was the only good unit on the team every year.

It seems like he found a good one at DC. But he made a mistake at OC. IMO for Dino to survive he needs to make a change at QB the rest of this season, win 4+ games, and then in the offseason scrap this O system. It doesn't work here. We need a 2013 like O system, with a running QB. We can't get the passing QBs nor WRs needed to do otherwise. Yes, that is boring but I rather go to Bowls every year.
I would expect a mass exodus on the defensive side, and because Dino will play Tommy regardless, a number of the QB's to transfer if Dino isn't replaced.

Nope. No 4+. Especially after a loss like this where he punted away any chance of winning and gave up on the game.

It's 6 wins and a bowl appearance.
If we get 4+ Ws that means we are playing a new QB and are showing promise (cuz there is no way we get to 4 with TD). Yes, Dino messed up this game, but if the O gets better as the year goes on and the D keeps this up, why change? I would hate to have this D start all over again. If our O going forward looks like the last 3 games of 2019 or 2016-17, there is a good chance 2022 is a Bowl season.

A new HC means new systems, which will decrease the chances of making a Bowl next season. If we are heading in the right direction, why pull the cord?

If we get 4+ Ws that means we are playing a new QB and are showing promise (cuz there is no way we get to 4 with TD). Yes, Dino messed up this game, but if the O gets better as the year goes on and the D keeps this up, why change? I would hate to have this D start all over again. If our O going forward looks like the last 3 games of 2019 or 2016-17, there is a good chance 2022 is a Bowl season.

A new HC means new systems, which will decrease the chances of making a Bowl next season. If we are heading in the right direction, why pull the cord?
Because we wouldn't actually be heading in the right direction.

4/5 wins isn’t good enough. We already have slim to no chance to make a bowl as it is. We struck lightning in a bottle once and that was because of dungey mainly and we act like dino is just one step away from making bowls every year but he never gets closer

I fail to see where we are headed in the right direction, but agree with everything else you said. Problem is I can not see another win after Albany without drastic changes I do not believe Dino is capable of.

I fail to see where we are headed in the right direction, but agree with everything else you said. Problem is I can not see another win after Albany without drastic changes I do not believe Dino is capable of.
The thing is even if there is a win or two after Albany it’s still fools gold, we’re not going anywhere unless we recruit legit 4 star players which this staff has proven they cannot do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom