Stay Woke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stay Woke

Some of this was already done or position changes. I know Coach Fran has spoken to some players about the future for them.
Think about what these kids went through. Some of them really liked Dino, and he was fired. They had to adjust to an interim coach. Then we hired a new coach, and they had to quickly meet him. All while preparing for this game, seeing some of their brothers go into the portal, and take final exams. Then we have an incredible recruiting 2 weeks, with hibachi, hot cars, etc. I think some of these players started to see what the future held for them. At the same time they stuck with the program, went to Florida and represented SU. None of this could be easy. For some it was the end of 5 or 6 years with COVID thrown into their lives. For others it is the uncertainty of will they see any playing time because they see the 4 star players coming into the same position they hold.
It is what it is, and the future is rosy and that is what my head will be dreaming about when it hits the pillow in a few minutes.

Agree and lets add these coaches are also looking for jobs to feed and house their families during this process. It's been a tough few weeks indeed and this game showed that.

This was a foregone conclusion in my eyes, too much transitional flux, it’s over onward and upward my orange friends.
I would have been shocked if we were close.

Some of this was already done or position changes. I know Coach Fran has spoken to some players about the future for them.
Think about what these kids went through. Some of them really liked Dino, and he was fired. They had to adjust to an interim coach. Then we hired a new coach, and they had to quickly meet him. All while preparing for this game, seeing some of their brothers go into the portal, and take final exams. Then we have an incredible recruiting 2 weeks, with hibachi, hot cars, etc. I think some of these players started to see what the future held for them. At the same time they stuck with the program, went to Florida and represented SU. None of this could be easy. For some it was the end of 5 or 6 years with COVID thrown into their lives. For others it is the uncertainty of will they see any playing time because they see the 4 star players coming into the same position they hold.
It is what it is, and the future is rosy and that is what my head will be dreaming about when it hits the pillow in a few minutes.
Oh, and the OC left right before the game. Nice

Just time to turn the page. Players got a few days in Boca which is never a bad thing. When they are my age and looking back I hope the experience of playing for SU and the friends they made brings a smile. Thanks to all who will not be back.

Last edited:
I was watching with two friends and their grown sons. We’ve all been together for 35 years, do Christmas and Thanksgiving, etc. Late in the first half I told them, “Friends, this is a huge bonding experience for us. We will never forget that we were all together watching this excruciating game. This will be burned in our memories til death do us part. And maybe beyond that!”

Then we all cut our wrists and mixed our blood and I went home at halftime.

Talk used to be that these bowl practices are important for the team. Maybe not this year

I also wonder if the 15 practices were more geared toward evaluations and not game planning. USF was in full game mode with their team in tact. We just looked like we played with uncertainty all over the field.

I also wonder if the 15 practices were more geared toward evaluations and not game planning. USF was in full game mode with their team in tact. We just looked like we played with uncertainty all over the field.
I don't think so. Fran seemed to indicate he wasn't all that involved in the practices yet and was staying out of the way until after the bowl. In his signing day interview he said more than once that he can't wait until January 15th to completely take over his team and that he hoped these guys could go out with a win. I take him at his word. He seems like the most upfront and honest person in coaching.

Fran might Dion this team. Lots of locker packing going down today.
I hope not.
A. I don't think it's right
B. I know it's hard to see it after last night, but there is some talent on this team-They just clearly were not prepared at all last night. I think some of our skill position players are better than some here think (Dan Mullen agrees)-you are limited what you can show when there is zero passing game. The talent deficiency right now is mostly on the OL, DT and need QB depth. I also don't think you can judge Braden Davis from last night-They didn't give him a chance.

Last edited:
I was watching with two friends and their grown sons. We’ve all been together for 35 years, do Christmas and Thanksgiving, etc. Late in the first half I told them, “Friends, this is a huge bonding experience for us. We will never forget that we were all together watching this excruciating game. This will be burned in our memories til death do us part. And maybe beyond that!”

Then we all cut our wrists and mixed our blood and I went home at halftime.

Nobody can ever say that you don't know how to party, Beadle.

I’m in no way saying this is what happened, but every second spent game planning for this game in lieu of player evaluation and recruiting I don’t think would have been a good use of time.

I hope not.
A. I don't think it's right
B. I know it's hard to see it after last night, but there is some talent on this team-They just clearly were not prepared at all last night. I think some of our skill position players are better than some here think (Dan Mullen agrees)-you are limited what you can show when there is zero passing game. The talent deficiency right now is mostly on the DL, DT and need QB depth. I also don't think you can judge Braden Davis from last night-They didn't give him a chance.
Actually liked what Davis showed in brief 1H stints. The Sack was clean free. Give him more time and he’ll learn more pocket awareness.

Actually liked what Davis showed in brief 1H stints. The Sack was clean free. Give him more time and he’ll learn more pocket awareness.
Did you like that he couldn’t take a snap from center?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom