Stealing the 1998 Michigan Football Banner | Syracusefan.com

Stealing the 1998 Michigan Football Banner

Dr. Sap

Walk On
I’m a Michigan Football Historian writing an article on when the M GO BLUE Banner was stolen prior to the 1998 UM-SU Football Game. It’s been 20 years and I’d like to set the record straight and get all the facts correct. I’m not about ratting anybody out or trying to locate the banner - just want to make sure I represent the facts correctly in my story. Don’t need names - just want to confirm some details. You can reply to this post or contact me via my YouTube Channel: Dr. Sap by clicking on the "About" tab and sending me an email. I’ve written articles about Michigan Football stories that don’t get talked about very much and this is one of them. It’s a great story and I’d love to hear from anyone involved. I’ve read a few threads on other Cuse blogs about what happened but could really use a few quotes from those involved. I will keep everything anonymous if that is what is preferred. Thanks & GO BLUE!!
Dr. Sap

I’m a Michigan Football Historian writing an article on when the M GO BLUE Banner was stolen prior to the 1998 UM-SU Football Game. It’s been 20 years and I’d like to set the record straight and get all the facts correct. I’m not about ratting anybody out or trying to locate the banner - just want to make sure I represent the facts correctly in my story. Don’t need names - just want to confirm some details. You can reply to this post or contact me via my YouTube Channel: Dr. Sap by clicking on the "About" tab and sending me an email. I’ve written articles about Michigan Football stories that don’t get talked about very much and this is one of them. It’s a great story and I’d love to hear from anyone involved. I’ve read a few threads on other Cuse blogs about what happened but could really use a few quotes from those involved. I will keep everything anonymous if that is what is preferred. Thanks & GO BLUE!!
Dr. Sap
The Michigan 'GO BLUE' Banner

Loved the fact that those guys essentially lucked their way into one of the greatest pranks off all time.
you have no idea

I know where it was last publicly photographed right by where I grew up. The rest was 007 secret known only by the actual participants.
4dv94.jpg

They already did...

Mblog
M GO BLUE banner stolen in 1998 | mgoblog

My favorite:

That was one of the most dreadful days in modern Michigan history. Usually the misery at least doesn't start until the actual game.

That day may be the best Donovan McNabb ever played in his life.

"We ended up getting it back"

Haha...no you didnt

I know where it was last publicly photographed right by where I grew up. The rest was 007 secret known only by the actual participants.
4dv94.jpg
My grandparents live on the street that place is

Dr. Sap

I have it.

Meet me on Shonnard Street. Friday night. 11pm.

Come alone.

Thanks.

Odd but serious question but did one of the participants have an amputated arm? I'll explain after I get the answer.

Around these parts, this is folklore, like Woodstock. Somehow everyone you talk to was there.