Steph Curry | Syracusefan.com

Steph Curry

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
best shooter I've ever seen, but he's so much more than that. great handle, great finisher, great vision. everything is effortless with him, cant get over how good his handle is. unbelievable player

curry is fantastic, the "collapse" was majorly ref-aided

edit: even with a loss I think the warriors can win the series, the spurs look 100 years old

18-2 run by spurs to force ot. so sick of these guys

and they leave ginobili wide open for the game winner. i thought we'd see a repeat of the memphis-spurs series from 2 years ago, but not so sure now, this could be a demoralizing loss for warriors.

this is why the Lakers are so screwed going forward

the Western Conference is full of excellent point guards:
Playoff teams -
Chris Paul, Clippers
Tony Parker, Spurs
Westbrook, OKC
Curry, Golden State
Lawson, Denver
Conley, Memphis

I think Nash is still a very good point guard on the offensive end, but the Lakers are screwed because they don't have anyone who can defend those guys. you are never going to shut them down completely, but its important to have a defender who can stay in front of them and slow them down, especially late (like Kawhi Leonard was finally able to do with Curry).

add to that a couple of non-playoff teams who the Lakers might have to fight off for a playoff spot next year:

Rubio, Minnesota
Lillard, Portland

Lakers absolutely have to get some perimeter defenders - of course, we've been saying that for three straight off seasons now. I think getting young and athletic on the perimeter is more important than re-signing Howard.

best shooter I've ever seen, but he's so much more than that. great handle, great finisher, great vision. everything is effortless with him, cant get over how good his handle is. unbelievable player
I was about to respond that I'd still go with Ray Allen, but then I looked at the #'s and Curry's are unbelievable. I guess I'd still lean to Ray because he has done it for so long - 2800 threes over 16 years at 40% is amazing. But, Curry is certainly the best shooter over his first 4 seasons (I'm counting big time players only not designated shooter types like Kerr)

this is why the Lakers are so screwed going forward

the Western Conference is full of excellent point guards:
Playoff teams -
Chris Paul, Clippers
Tony Parker, Spurs
Westbrook, OKC
Curry, Golden State
Lawson, Denver
Conley, Memphis

I think Nash is still a very good point guard on the offensive end, but the Lakers are screwed because they don't have anyone who can defend those guys. you are never going to shut them down completely, but its important to have a defender who can stay in front of them and slow them down, especially late (like Kawhi Leonard was finally able to do with Curry).

add to that a couple of non-playoff teams who the Lakers might have to fight off for a playoff spot next year:

Rubio, Minnesota
Lillard, Portland

Lakers absolutely have to get some perimeter defenders - of course, we've been saying that for three straight off seasons now. I think getting young and athletic on the perimeter is more important than re-signing Howard.
Don't forget that the Jazz have an interesting young core and are shopping for a point guard to complement that talent too.

Don't forget that the Jazz have an interesting young core and are shopping for a point guard to complement that talent too.
in his latest mock draft, Chad Ford has MCW falling all the way to 16 (he still has him ranked 9 overall, but is basing his draft on team needs).

if MCW falls that far, I think Utah snags him (Ford thinks they won't because they want their point to be able to shoot it). But I think MCW would thrive as a distributor to their "core four."

in his latest mock draft, Chad Ford has MCW falling all the way to 16 (he still has him ranked 9 overall, but is basing his draft on team needs).

if MCW falls that far, I think Utah snags him (Ford thinks they won't because they want their point to be able to shoot it). But I think MCW would thrive as a distributor to their "core four."
I think that would be a great situation for him and the Jazz... if Corbin will give him minutes.

I can't even imagine the atmosphere at The Oracle on Friday night. Place is going to be insane and that's an understatement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom