Stephen King fans | Syracusefan.com

Stephen King fans

cuseattle

2022-23 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading RPG
Just picked up a paperback copy of Doctor Sleep. I don't want to give away any plot details, but the central character is Danny Torrence who was the son in The Shining. One of his best in years imo.

I finished under the dome a couple months ago, and that was an amazing book. The scariest past about that book wasn't the dome. It was the people from the town, and the fact that there probably is a town that is like that somewhere.

Currently reading Meet Me in Atlantis, by Mark Adams I think his name is...

Just picked up a paperback copy of Doctor Sleep. I don't want to give away any plot details, but the central character is Danny Torrence who was the son in The Shining. One of his best in years imo.
I liked Doctor Sleep. A lot.

I finished under the dome a couple months ago, and that was an amazing book. The scariest past about that book wasn't the dome. It was the people from the town, and the fact that there probably is a town that is like that somewhere.

Currently reading Meet Me in Atlantis, by Mark Adams I think his name is...
Under the Dome was classic Stephen King. And what I mean by that is: killer premise, great execution of the story...and then a laughably stupid ending. The man is a great storyteller who just doesn't know how to writing a conclusion.

Under the Dome was classic Stephen King. And what I mean by that is: killer premise, great execution of the story...and then a laughably stupid ending. The man is a great storyteller who just doesn't know how to writing a conclusion.
Good conclusions are also amongst his offerings! Including, Pet Cemetary, Christine, Misery, Salem's Lot, Carrie, Green Mile, Despration, and Mr. Mercedes to name a few. It's the long ones where he loses focus at the end... No one's perfect... but you are right.

Good conclusions are also amongst his offerings! Including, Pet Cemetary, Christine, Misery, Salem's Lot, Carrie, Green Mile, Despration, and Mr. Mercedes to name a few. It's the long ones where he loses focus at the end... No one's perfect... but you are right.
Oh I know that some of his endings are fine. I'm among the few people who thought the ending to The Dark Tower was absolutely perfect. But my god...Under the Dome was such a dumb ending it's unbelievable.

Just watched the movie (Doctor Sleep)

My wife threw the movie on and said, “it’s the sequel to The Shining.”

I was expecting crap, but it turned out to be really enjoyable.

Just watched the movie (Doctor Sleep)

My wife threw the movie on and said, “it’s the sequel to The Shining.”

I was expecting crap, but it turned out to be really enjoyable.
I liked the movie also! Good casting, especially Rebecca Ferguson.
Just read "The Institute" recently. Reminds me of his early stuff. Kids with special abilities...clandestine government organization...
good story that doesn't wander too much.

Just saw there is a preorder available for his new novel Holly
(as in Gibney!)

The last King book I read was the outsider. And that was very good.

Currently on the Mike Bowditch series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom