Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

Visited Miami this past week. Let's hope he is one of those kids that want to get out of Miami.

Really hope we can snag him-Don't remember ever getting a pair like he and Williams. Think they would both play early. I can see why that other receiver (Christian something?) wouldn't want to come here and compete with them.

pretty good article save for the hokie opening paragraph and referring to SU as a 2nd tier program - about a kid that actually has an offer to play at Syracuse

He lists WVU and Louisville as top tier. What a joke. No respect for history - both recent - and all time.

Leave it to Cohen to put in a slam with the 2nd tier comment. G-d Forbid the article stays completely positive about SU. feel good about this young man coming to SU. Him, KJ, Corey Cooper, Corey Winfield. Hell, throw in Corey Feldman and it would be quite the WR group!

Kids don't care about history... Sadly that's the way it is.
He lists WVU and Louisville as top tier. What a joke. No respect for history - both recent - and all time.

Kids don't care about history... Sadly that's the way it is.

Not even last years w-l records? One of Louisville's two loses was to us last year, by a lot. Same with WVU.

pretty good article save for the hokie opening paragraph and referring to SU as a 2nd tier program - about a kid that actually has an offer to play at Syracuse

Seriously, what the f is wrong with this guy? You can ask that question and write it up without sounding like a douche but I guess he knows no other way. Why not ask why he'd want to join a storied program coming out of a rough patch in its history rather than a team with more sustained recent success? It's the same question not only phrased more diplomatically (if I were Ishmael, I'd take offense; he's questioning my judgment) but also more accurately.

What's wrong with Cohen? My hands would start to hurt from typing so much if I listed all that is wrong with him.

Seriously, what the f is wrong with this guy? You can ask that question and write it up without sounding like a douche but I guess he knows no other way.
Looks like I am going to have to stop reading even the secondary sourced material regarding the current P-S. It's as bad as reading the tripe first-hand.

I'm not a fan of Cohen but damn all of you jump on him constantly. He wrote that a very promising recruit likes Syracuse and the team has a good chance of landing him. Instead of talking about that I read the replies and it's bashing Cohen. Ishmael implied SU was 2nd tier in his interview and Cohen framed it that way. Big deal. If the SU program is so storied why is this board so damn insecure.

I'm not a fan of Cohen but damn all of you jump on him constantly. He wrote that a very promising recruit likes Syracuse and the team has a good chance of landing him. Instead of talking about that I read the replies and it's bashing Cohen. Ishmael implied SU was 2nd tier in his interview and Cohen framed it that way. Big deal. If the SU program is so storied why is this board so damn insecure.

Nobody is insecure, everybody agrees Syracuse is second tier. What pisses people off is douche cohen's assertion and defense of wvu and Louisville being tier 1.

It's not insecure - it's holding the local reporter accountable for saying things like they are "fact" when they're not. His response to me on twitter was that WVU and Louisville are on "tier 1" because they've played in BCS games and won. They other teams he mentioned being on "tier 1" haven't won a BCS game OR won even a share of their conference titles in that same time frame (since 06).

It's not insecure - it's holding the local reporter accountable for saying things like they are "fact" when they're not. His response to me on twitter was that WVU and Louisville are on "tier 1" because they've played in BCS games and won. They other teams he mentioned being on "tier 1" haven't won a BCS game OR won even a share of their conference titles in that same time frame (since 06).

He warrants criticism because he consistently uses subjective terms that only he knows the definition of. He warrants criticism because he injects information into his articles that he doesn't thoroughly research. He warrants criticism because he insists on using terms that put the program in a negative light when he just as easily could use terms that accomplish the same goal but put the program in a more positive light, i.e. "tier 2" vs "up and coming". Both subjective terms, both accomplish the same thing. I'm not sure if he is just trying to be overtly negative, if he's lazy, or if he just doesn't care.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the fanbase here is tired of having to read poorly written articles from the hometown paper, regardless of the content in them. We went from having experienced, professional writers with actual ties to the program, who didn't rely on borrowing half their information from Rvals, to this. That's the root of the discontent. Cohen's poor choice of words is an annoying by product but would be more tolerable if the overall situation didn't suck as much as it does.

A big problem with Cohen is his age. He never saw the '87 team. If he's from Syracuse, how old was he if/when he saw McNabb? I'm not sure he appreciates the history of the program himself.

He warrants criticism because he consistently uses subjective terms that only he knows the definition of. He warrants criticism because he injects information into his articles that he doesn't thoroughly research. He warrants criticism because he insists on using terms that put the program in a negative light when he just as easily could use terms that accomplish the same goal but put the program in a more positive light, i.e. "tier 2" vs "up and coming". Both subjective terms, both accomplish the same thing. I'm not sure if he is just trying to be overtly negative, if he's lazy, or if he just doesn't care.

Could he be trying to balance out some sort of perception that he's in the tank with us because he's an alum? Like trying so hard not to appear unprofessional, that he's swinging the other way (!)?

In his tweets back to me, he seemed like his opinion was gold and untouchable. No even hint that I made a good point.

A big problem with Cohen is his age. He never saw the '87 team. If he's from Syracuse, how old was he if/when he saw McNabb? I'm not sure he appreciates the history of the program himself.

Agreed. He has what I call Rutgersfanitis - the world of College Football didn't exist before 2006.

How about when he says " He could contribute right now at Syracuse, if that were allowed" very douchebaggish in my opinion. Yes the kid is a quality high school player but SU has some serious talent at wide receiver so for a cub reporter who has never strapped it on himself to say this high school kid could basically start for Cuse right now is disrespectfully douchie!

How about when he says " He could contribute right now at Syracuse, if that were allowed" very douchebaggish in my opinion. Yes the kid is a quality high school player but SU has some serious talent at wide receiver so for a cub reporter who has never strapped it on himself to say this high school kid could basically start for Cuse right now is disrespectfully douchie!
468_1315879949A.jpg