Still looking for golfers for 7/18 SU Alumni Golf Tournament | Syracusefan.com

Still looking for golfers for 7/18 SU Alumni Golf Tournament

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
This was getting lost in the announcement of the SyrFan.com open being cancelled, so wanted to make sure folks saw this as well...

Hello all, we are just over a week out from the CNY Orange Scholarship Golf Tournament, which is again to be held at the Links at Erie Village. Love to see/meet some of you there!! Right now we are about 10 foursomes away from being able to close the course for just our group as opposed to a reverse shotgun (doubling up on holes and all on one side -- front/back). Either way it will be a great time. In addition to the usual golf and fun, we are also trying to add some experiences like a coffee truck in the morning & also a beer sampling with a local brewery during the Cocktail Hour and more to come. There will also be the usual guest appearances by SU celebs like Dan Conley, Rob Long, Leo Rautins, Demetris Nichols, Dennis Duval, Jason Poles, Matt Park and a few more. We also will be hosting a player from the Syracuse Crunch. These celebs are available to play in your foursome for an additional fee. Don't worry if you aren't an alumni, we welcome anyone in the area who likes to play golf and have some fun.

Let me know if you are interested by private message and I will get you any info that you will need. You can also sign up as a single and be paired with other golfers. We need to have a good count by the end of this Friday, July 11th so please let me know as soon as you can. If you are unavailable, but know of other local golfers please share the info. Last, but not least... non-golfers are also welcome to participate in just the cocktail hour / dinner / silent auction if they wish for a reduced fee. We have some great silent auction items including memorabilia from some athletes, gift packages from places like Holy Shirts & Middle Ages Brewing, SU hoops seat package and much much more.

Thanks for considering!!

Rick

Attachments

• 2014_Tri-Fold-1.pdf
    474.7 KB · Views: 32
It's a great time! I wish I could play in it this year.

Thanks John. Sorry we will miss you.

Got word back on two silent auction items:
1) Golf package from the Buffalo Bills -- "Bills golf polo, hat, golf balls and a signed football, or something of that nature"
2) Signed WR gloves from Fine Lot favorite Alec Lemon (thanks Sean and Ellen for the assist!)

Also expecting something special from James Southerland.

Evan Rankin is the Syracuse Crunch player who has agreed to participate.

Thanks John. Sorry we will miss you.

Got word back on two silent auction items:
1) Golf package from the Buffalo Bills -- "Bills golf polo, hat, golf balls and a signed football, or something of that nature"
2) Signed WR gloves from Fine Lot favorite Alec Lemon (thanks Sean and Ellen for the assist!)

Also expecting something special from James Southerland.

Evan Rankin is the Syracuse Crunch player who has agreed to participate.

Let me say I would encourage everyone to play. I'm out of town on vacation, but if I was around I would be there. Last year I played with Preston Shumpert and won an autographed picture of Lawrence Moten. It supports a great organization and there were many athletic alumni there. It's a lot of fun! Since we aren't doing a board golf tournament might I suggest we adopt this tournament as our board golf tournament. Maybe next year we can get a few teams together. The links does a fantastic job and the CNY alumni club puts out some great auction items. I think CTO donated a pair of her basketball tickets for auction last year. Just do it and golf.