Stoops out at Arizona - Chris Peterson rumors swirl... | Syracusefan.com

Stoops out at Arizona - Chris Peterson rumors swirl...

Jake

Mod
just as Boise st is gaining traction for a step up in conference.

Seemed like the guy had 9 lives. It was a matter of time. I'm surprised they did the in-season thing but I certainly don't blame them. 1 bowl win in 8 seasons isn't going to get it done anywhere.

I was wondering when this was going to happen. His team has been getting blown out in his 8th season... I'm sure he will get a nice golden parachute.

Absolutely no chance Petersen goes to Arizona.

Absolutely no chance Petersen goes to Arizona.

Might the NCAA infractions make him leave? Scholarship reductions till 2014 and limited Spring practice could hurt them.

Might the NCAA infractions make him leave? Scholarship reductions till 2014 and limited Spring practice could hurt them.

They are appealing them. Regardless, it would be the worst move a coach ever made imo. I give it a negative % chance of occurring.

They are appealing them. Regardless, it would be the worst move a coach ever made imo. I give it a negative % chance of occurring.

Worse move? :rolling:The guy will get paid a lot more at a BCS school. That alone is worth it. In addition he has to be getting bored as hell there. Look at the conference he is in. Who is the 2nd best program? They would be playing 9 cupcakes a year IN conference. How is playing 1-2 games vs Top 40 competition even challenging? Not to mention they cannot keep getting these QBs. Eventually they will hit a wall there.

Some of you seem to think Arizona is the equivalent of Duke. This is a no-brainer. If you can coach in a BCS level conference at a school with a decent history, you do it. I was puzzled that he's turned down previous BCS overtures. Its time. Nothing else to prove at a school like Boise St

Worse move? :rolling:The guy will get paid a lot more at a BCS school. That alone is worth it. In addition he has to be getting bored as hell there. Look at the conference he is in. Who is the 2nd best program? They would be playing 9 cupcakes a year IN conference. How is playing 1-2 games vs Top 40 competition even challenging? Not to mention they cannot keep getting these QBs. Eventually they will hit a wall there.

The guy is arguably the best coach in the game. And he has a very comfortable living, making over $1.5 million a year in Boise. You think Arizona is the answer? He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by that. He's the Mark Few/ Brad Stevens of CFB, and will go where he wants, when he wants. And I'd guess that list is pretty darn small.

Petersen's son has serious (cancer) health issues. The doctors in Idaho have done a great job with him. I suspect Petersen will stay at Boise as long as the family believes it's in his son's best interests.

I think the only job that Petersen would take is the Oregon job maybe the Texas job, who wouldn't but I don't think he is going anywhere, basically every other job in the Pac 10 has been open and he has turned it down. Peterson is a real west coast guy, lets get that straight first. The guy has set up a really nice life style in Boise which is great town if you are into the outdoors and being active which Petersen is, he isn't your typical meathead football coach and as many have said, his son is sick and I don't see him uprooting for any other jobs but the two that have been listed and that is a big if. The only two Pac 10 jobs he hasn't turned down are Oregon and USC..

I can't see Arizona being in play here but stranger things have happened...

just as Boise st is gaining traction for a step up in conference.

Arizona show some nutsack and hire Mike Leach and be done with it, bring him in today and let him start tomorrow..

Arizona show some nutsack and hire Mike Leach and be done with it, bring him in today and let him start tomorrow..

Did you just do a book report on Leach or something? :) There are several reasons why he hasn't been hired yet -- and the least of it is the whole James fiasco.

No, I did read his book a month ago. Tell me why he hasn't been hired? T tech ran the guy down at the end of his regime.. the lawsuits can be cleaned up or dropped pending his hire.. leach was railroaded at tech and he refused to sign that wasn't true.. if you take the a James stuff away what is there? I am curious.

In addition, the Pac 12 has no tv contract with ESPN who Leach has flat out lambasted the past 2 years, and also has a lawsuit against and rightfully so. At this point, I would be surprised to see Leach eventually the head coach/ manager of the Key West football and baseball teams. He may have had it with this BS

No, I did read his book a month ago. Tell me why he hasn't been hired? T tech ran the guy down at the end of his regime.. the lawsuits can be cleaned up or dropped pending his hire.. leach was railroaded at tech and he refused to sign **** that wasn't true.. if you take the a James stuff away what is there? I am curious.

In addition, the Pac 12 has no tv contract with ESPN who Leach has flat out lambasted the past 2 years, and also has a lawsuit against and rightfully so. At this point, I would be surprised to see Leach eventually the head coach/ manager of the Key West football and baseball teams. He may have had it with this BS

Other than the 12-year deal recently signed w/ ESPN, there are no ties between the network and the conference.

The guy is arguably the best coach in the game. And he has a very comfortable living, making over $1.5 million a year in Boise. You think Arizona is the answer? He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by that. He's the Mark Few/ Brad Stevens of CFB, and will go where he wants, when he wants. And I'd guess that list is pretty darn small.

As great as the UA hoop program has been over the years and as great as the campus setting is, history shows they are the 2nd best football program in the state.

Peterson could definitely do much better than Arizona. Be very interesting to see who they will hire to replace Stoops.

With Neuheisel on the hot seat, I'd think that UCLA would be appealing for Peterson - he stays out west, big name school, and USC is bound to feel some sort of effect from their issues. The timing seems right.

But I don't know if there's a story as to why he didn't go there a couple years ago when they had an opening. Was it an issue with the school or did he just realize that he had a better situation with the players he had in Boise? If the latter is about to change with upcoming sanctions, it might be time to get out.

because why?
He was a true POS with respect to the Adam James saga, but that was supposedly a drop in the bucket compared to the way he had treated other players (which is why Tech moved so fast at the end).

I dont think his inability to get a job (or interview) is coincidence.

He was a true POS with respect to the Adam James saga, but that was supposedly a drop in the bucket compared to the way he had treated other players (which is why Tech moved so fast at the end).

I dont think his inability to get a job (or interview) is coincidence.

Dana Holgorsen is a disciple in much more than just offensive philosophies. The whole James thing was an excuse.

Dana Holgorsen is a disciple in much more than just offensive philosophies. The whole James thing was an excuse.
guys, it's just a message board, come out and say it.

guys, it's just a message board, come out and say it.

Guy supposedly was a drunk and out of control savage - basically Tech's version of Billy Gillespie. Think he is reportedly sober now but the guy had about 9 lives at Tech. They couldn't protect him anymore since the James thing went public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom