STOP THE PRESSES - ZION HURT | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

STOP THE PRESSES - ZION HURT

that shoe falling apart had to have contributed to the injury - watching the replay the left leg can't stop due to shoe blow out causing right leg to move awkwardly
If serious injury, what a bad look for Nike
you can blame the guys sneakers if you want, but the question about zionn is and always will be if a guy his size can play basketball. the questions have always been the same thing, can this dude play basketball at that weight? he wasn't touched on that injury and people want to blame his shoe, but it has always been the same question. can he play major minutes at that weight? no one knows. it shouldnt even be coach K's choice right now, zionn should hire an agent tomorrow and start prepping for the draft. object number one, lose weight.

My guess is mcl
Yep it's gonna be a first or second degree mcl sprain which if in and of itself is no big whup, you heal fine. Thinking it might be a second degree though which can often involves other structures (in this case the attatched medial meniscal cartilage) as if you notice in the vid he doesn't grab the mcl medially where the ligament is on the inside of the leg, but rather he grabs behind the knee where the meniscus tears in what's called a classic posterior horn/bucket handle meniscus tear.

This can happen by itself or with this injury secondary to the mcl following a high velocity mechanism of injury which it is when you look at the injury at full speed.

Hugely bad news and implications on so many levels if it's more than the mcl. The kid and especially one who relies on his explosiveness so much. Wow. No way he's playing Saturday, there gonna shut him down regardless.

Last edited:
for the record, part of the reason i didnt try to sell me tickets for this weekend is that i wanted to see zionn. i just think it would be insane for that dude to play another minute of college basketball.

Yep it's gonna be a first or second degree mcl sprain which if in and of itself is no big whup, you heal fine. Thinking its a second degree though which often involves other structures (in this case the attatched medial meniscal cartilage) as if you notice in the vid he doesn't grab the mcl medially where the ligament is on the inside of the leg, but rather he grabs behind the knee where the meniscus tears in what's called a classic posterior horn/bucket handle meniscus tear.

This can happen by itself or with this injury secondary to the mcl following a high velocity mechanism of injury which it is when you look at the injury at full speed.

Hugely bad news and implications on so many levels. The kid and especially one who relies on his explosiveness so much. Wow. No way he's playing Saturday, there gonna shut him down regardless.

Wow Cuseregular! If I ever hyperextend anything playing cornhole at a Fine Lot tailgate, I know where to go for a quick diagnosis.

for the record, part of the reason i didnt try to sell me tickets for this weekend is that i wanted to see zionn. i just think it would be insane for that dude to play another minute of college basketball.

What now hes going to slip out of the first round and go in the second?

You can't teach his size and skill and doctors can repair the knee. If its serious he can't come back his college career ends in a month or so regardless. I'd still draft him.

Wow Nike is going to have to do some serious damage control
Imagine if Nike just falls off a cliff off a Zion career-busting knee bust...wow...would obviously feel bad for Zion but Nike has it coming to them, imo...

you can blame the guys sneakers if you want, but the question about zionn is and always will be if a guy his size can play basketball. the questions have always been the same thing, can this dude play basketball at that weight? he wasn't touched on that injury and people want to blame his shoe, but it has always been the same question. can he play major minutes at that weight? no one knows. it shouldnt even be coach K's choice right now, zionn should hire an agent tomorrow and start prepping for the draft. object number one, lose weight.
Nike sucks...last time i played tennis in Nikes my knee was messed for over a year...hate that company...and i'm a buck 50 soaking wet for the record....weight had nothing to do with the cheap ass quality of the shoes i was wearing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom