Stripe The Dome | Syracusefan.com

Stripe The Dome

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

All fans attending three Syracuse University men's basketball games are invited to 'Stripe the Dome.' For each of the three games fans are encouraged to wear an orange, white or blue shirt depending on their seat location. The featured 'Stripe the Dome' games are January 4, 2020 when the Orange host Notre Dame, February 1 when Syracuse faces Duke and February 29 when the Orange square off against North Carolina. All three games will be televised on ESPN or ESPN2.

STRIPE #1
January 4, 2020 vs Notre Dame

1576778156142.png

STRIPE #2
February 1, 2020 vs Duke

1576778219423.png

STRIPE #3
February 29, 2020 vs North Carolina

1576778248802.png

This kind of thing works better with small 6-8k seat arenas. I'll be surprised if they break 20k butts-in-seats attendance for the ND game.

Loved the stripes idea, skeptical they'll get enough of the fanbase to buy in, but this is the "attention to detail" problem with SUAD rearing its ugly head again:

For the conference game that'll have the most empty seats, why would the section with all the orange seat backs not be designated the orange stripe section?!

Stupid.

If an Orange Out brings people in green and purple, how is this going to work?

Agree, these things are a reach and never work unless you want to go big boy and have the shirts on the seats when fans arrive. Is that actually the case here?

Eh I dunno, I think the Dome looks way cooler when it's sea of Orange for these Duke-type games.

It's going to look like some type of NCAA regional game with different pockets of crowd colors.

Was the person who came up with this idea bored? If you're bored, FIX THE BANNERS. THEY SUCK.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t have much white in my winter wardrobe. If SU doesn’t provide the shirts it will be a disaster.

Eh I dunno, I think the Dome looks way cooler when it's sea of Orange for these Duke-type games.

It's going to look like some type of NCAA regional game with different pockets of crowd colors.

Was the person who came up with this idea bored? If you're bored, FIX THE BANNERS. THEY SUCK.

I can only assume they’re doing this because of the stripes on the uniforms and the stripes on the side of the court?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t have much white in my winter wardrobe. If SU doesn’t provide the shirts it will be a disaster.

White t-shirt over the top of a long sleeve shirt.

This kind of thing works better with small 6-8k seat arenas. I'll be surprised if they break 20k butts-in-seats attendance for the ND game.

Oregon football publishes what amounts to a wardrobe calendar in the summer, which tells fans what colors to wear, in which section, for each game.

But Oregon fans have school spirit. SU fans aren't long on that.