Stripe The Dome | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stripe The Dome

i understand that the university is too cheap to spring for teeshirts but how about simply placing a placards or towels in of the appropriate colour on the seats of each corresponding section pregame ? too much to ask ?
The university isn’t cheap. They could get a sponsor to pay for the shirts.
The problem was the AD didn’t organize and promote this well.
T-Shirts are cheap for these things.

We never get it right with these things. Ever.

Tennessee is the first to do this I believe and it looks incredible but they have help. They have a donor buy all the shirts and they are distributed through the stadium on game day. This helps all the clowns that wear the wrong color.

White is just awful to include in this. As someone posted already it should be just orange and blue. I don't own any white Syracuse gear and I'm not going to buy any for the UNC game, even though my tickets are in the white section

*Check that, I do have a white 2005 Big East Tournament champions t shirt I bought outside the Garden after we beat WVU. But I don't fit into my 2004 clothes so we'll anymore

Last edited:
I like this concept, but it requires way too much planning on the part of the fan.

Unless they give a shirt.
Not fanbases that care. If Tennessee can get 100,000 to checkerboard their football stadium without giving away shirts (I think they actually sell shirts when they do it), this shouldn't be that hard for one of the better basketball fanbases to pull off with 25,000-30,000.

Last edited:
Tennessee is the first to do this I believe and it looks incredible but they have help. They have a donor buy all the shirts and they are distributed through the stadium on game day. This helps all the clowns that wear the wrong color.
I live in Knoxville, and have never heard this. They advertise like crazy telling people to check the assigned color for their section and wear the appropriate color.

Incidentally, Tennessee fans got the idea when they saw Oklahoma do it. It was grassroots in the beginning.

UT fans to turn stadium into orange-and-white checkerboard Saturday when Vols face Florida

Last edited:
The university isn’t cheap. They could get a sponsor to pay for the shirts.
The problem was the AD didn’t organize and promote this well.
T-Shirts are cheap for these things.
Don't most fans already have shirts, though? If this doesn't work out will it really be because people don't have the appropriate color shirt or that they didn't care enough to check to see which one they're supposed to wear.

All you need to know before doing this is how poorly orange outs work here.

Remind me again, which are the school colors. Looking at the different teams ever changing uniforms I'm never 100% certain which colors we are claiming at any given time. Probably not as big a thing with basketball, but football I've turned a couple of games on on TV and thought I might have turned on the wrong game.