Stripe The Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stripe The Dome

Oregon football publishes what amounts to a wardrobe calendar in the summer, which tells fans what colors to wear, in which section, for each game.

But Oregon fans have school spirit. SU fans aren't long on that.

I think SU has a different dynamic than most schools in that the majority of the people at the games don’t and didn’t go to the school, and don’t really care about Alma maters, fight songs, chants, traditions, and school spirit in general.

I think SU has a different dynamic than most schools in that the majority of the people at the games don’t and didn’t go to the school, and don’t really care about Alma maters, fight songs, chants, traditions, and school spirit in general.
Yeah. That sucks.

You could say that about some other private colleges. Are the majority of fans that attend Duke and ND games alumni. I know ND football draws everyone because it's a brand. Same with Duke basketball. Hopefully with the remodeled roof and the most likely transition to a new coach, the dome will increase our brand appeal. BTW if some of you haven't seen the steel on the roof yet, it is impressively high.

You could say that about some other private colleges. Are the majority of fans that attend Duke and ND games alumni. I know ND football draws everyone because it's a brand. Same with Duke basketball. Hopefully with the remodeled roof and the most likely transition to a new coach, the dome will increase our brand appeal. BTW if some of you haven't seen the steel on the roof yet, it is impressively high.

For hoop at least, it would seem like maybe half the crowd at Duke is students? Or at least a third? They’ve got that whole lower level.

gettyimages-482745550-640x640.jpg

I wish we had better chants unique to our school that everyone participated in.

Three colors is too complicated. If they wanted to do, blue and orange is way to do it. But as others have said, just doing a simple Orange Out correct once would be preferable. If we can manage that, try the stripes with two colors but by supplying the shirts.

also why can’t they find a local sponsor to supply the shirts? They’re crappy shirts with someone’s name on it.Relatively cheap. Inexpensive promotion for some company to sponsor series of games.

the Mets free shirt Friday promotions in the summer always work. People wore ridiculous Hawaiian shirts this summer made of the worst material. I know - I have two of them. But most of crowd will put them on.

A lot of teams do this.
Atleast the AD is trying something new which is good if we get it too look like this in orange and blue.
XRGIHJNBPMWTLPP.20160913211532.jpg

You see ... this picture is striping.

Syracuse wants huge blocks of fans to wear 1 color and then not repeat it. For the UNC game the entire back drop for the fans at home is Navy. Just silly

university best be careful what they wish for. if they can train the fans to pull off this stunt imagine what might happen when they really get organized and start spelling out their demands.

If an Orange Out brings people in green and purple, how is this going to work?

mess going to say the Dome can’t even properly execute a orange out let alone this...

I agree they should do a true stripe game and limit it to orange and blue. It would be nice but not sure the shirts necessarily need to be provided. Other schools can pull this off without providing the shirts. I would like to think we are as smart and coordinated as other fans.

I wish we had better chants unique to our school that everyone participated in.

We have them. It's that most fans have no interest in doing them. It's... weird. We have the worst crowd participation for cheers, chants and songs than any college I know of. Hell, many pro teams too! I sat through a Super Bowl two years ago, constantly being serenaded with 'Fly Eagles Fly' and "E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!".

A lot of teams do this.
Atleast the AD is trying something new which is good if we get it too look like this in orange and blue.
XRGIHJNBPMWTLPP.20160913211532.jpg

That’s how it’s suppose to look. Those are stripes. Lol. What SU is proposing is color blocking. Good lord

It looked ridiculous for about 75% of the people at midcourt to be dressed in white. The seatbacks in these sections are blue and orange. You're always going to have your random goofball who shows up in a black hoodie, but at least the empty seats would've showed better if SU used common sense in deciding which area should wear which color.

It looked ridiculous for about 75% of the people at midcourt to be dressed in white. The seatbacks in these sections are blue and orange. You're always going to have your random goofball who shows up in a black hoodie, but at least the empty seats would've showed better if SU used common sense in deciding which area should wear which color.

We never get it right with these things. Ever.

You didn’t need to see any shots from far away to know that we failed at this. Somehow our fans just can’t figure this stuff out.

stripe the dome (was predictably) an epic failure. looked more like orange sherbet cone with sprinkles.

i understand that the university is too cheap to spring for teeshirts but how about simply placing placards or towels of the appropriate colour on the seats of each corresponding section pregame ? too much to ask ?

Last edited:

For sure. But, if the university can't get their true hue/pantone of Orange on the new hoops court investment correct, it isn't any surprise they swung & missed here.