STs nightmare | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

STs nightmare

I understand the rationale for wanting to play starters on ST to improve their draft resumes. I assume starters are maxing out their reps with their regular position groups. Wouldn't that limit the amount of time available for them to practice on ST? Wonder if this might contribute to some of the breakdowns? Or is it the case that other position groups don't practice while ST is practicing?
We did it under Mac and P to great success. Beamer was famous for doing it at VPI (more famous than he should've been since we did it first). Other teams do it too. I was watching another team recently when a big name guy made a play on specials. I forget who it was, but I remember being surprised because it was a team that you'd think had the talent depth to keep starters off specials.

Sigh.

Do you understand what a ‘top heavy’ roster is?

Wait, don’t answer….you don’t.

As for the clear coaching problem, obviously you are unique and too boneheaded to see through and through that players need to execute.

I’m guessing the failed insult asking if I was vallones mom or something means u have some reason to not realise that the players on specials suck.

I’m not saying he still won’t be fired, scapegoating is a natural reaction. And he’s certainly an easy target at present.
I read it, I understand what you’re trying to insinuate, it’s just stupid and wrong. If FCS teams can field a competent special teams, then a P4 program should be able to as well regardless of whether they played it last year or not. But yeah, nothing screams “the scheme is perfect” like uncovered rushers 3 games in a row. Calling me clueless while you’re defending this clown show is hilarious. He’s not a scapegoat, he’s the clear issue. The buck stops with coaching, I’d expect such an expert would understand that.

I read it, I understand what you’re trying to insinuate, it’s just stupid and wrong. If FCS teams can field a competent special teams, then a P4 program should be able to as well regardless of whether they played it last year or not. But yeah, nothing screams “the scheme is perfect” like uncovered rushers 3 games in a row. Calling me clueless while you’re defending this clown show is hilarious. He’s not a scapegoat, he’s the clear issue. The buck stops with coaching, I’d expect such an expert would understand that.
Im not in this disagreement but as a someone once said u either teach it that way or u allow it and either way its on ST coach period.

Yeah it must've been embarrassing but I'd guess that Fran did it in a collaborative manner. He really seems to like him.
I picture it like a macho intervention.

Attachments

• th-3316684512.jpg
    th-3316684512.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online