Stuart Scott dies at age of 49 | Syracusefan.com

Stuart Scott dies at age of 49

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
espn_sscott_02_300x300.jpg

Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning at the age of 49.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

Very sad news. Mr. Scott was one of the genuine nice men I worked for while I interned at ESPN in the summer of 2005. I am sad to hear of his passing and RIP sir as your fight has been courageous these past few years.

Condolences to his family and daughters.

Didn't care much for his shtick but from everything I read about him he was a very good man.

Was really rooting for him to win his battle with this horrible disease. God bless his family.

He fought a long hard battle. RIP.

How he carried himself thorough the fight us an inspiration. Incredibly strong man. Very sad news.

He was really the face of the Deuce when it was launched. Epic battle (3 times) against cancer.

"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
-Stuart Scott

Boo-Yah! RIP

I turned on ESPN this morning with a premonition out of nowhere that Stuart Scott had died; it really freaked me out when a few minutes later, I found out. Really gave me chills. I'm still a little freaked out. I know he was not doing a well, but why would I have this premonition?

I was never a fan of his style, but he fought a very valiant battle and I have all the respect in the world for him because of that. As a father, it pains me to see someone with kids die so young.

Respect his battle and response to illness, hated his work.

Regardless he leaves behind a grieving family, personal and professional.

R I P Stu Scott

Respect his battle and response to illness, hated his work.

Regardless he leaves behind a grieving family, personal and professional.

R I P Stu Scott

Good post. Feel exactly the same way.

Didn't care much for his shtick but from everything I read about him he was a very good man.

Was really rooting for him to win his battle with this horrible disease. God bless his family.
I'm in the same boat. I was never a big fan of his on screen work, but by all accounts, he was a phenomenal dude and family man. Really, really sad for his family right now.

Stuart Scott to me was enjoyable to watch and listen to. A shot of energy and fun and in matter that maybe I wouldn't but I loved watching him do it.

It's sad to hear of this.

Last edited:
This is hitting me harder than any celebrity passing in recent history.

RIP

His shtick did from time to time get a bit out of control, but I can't think of many other people who would be as recognizable as he in the television industry... didn't know him, but he seemed like a decent person... sports will be a little more somber today and for a while I guess... R.I.P. Stu...

He grew on me over time, and I came to really respect his intelligence and reporting manner. He was always a class act. I have a lot of friends who worked with him, who say he was the best person to work with. RIP.