Student Situation for Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Student Situation for Saturday

Dont all these kids have cars at the University? I dont think ive ever encountered a student at Syracuse without a mercedes, lexus, bmw or range rover...

Small-time thinking.

LOL were you actually expecting the administration at SU to be out in front on something, this is normal behavior them.

How 'bout we get Cohen to write an article?:bang:

Dont all these kids have cars at the University? I dont think ive ever encountered a student at Syracuse without a mercedes, lexus, bmw or range rover...

YEAH, STUPID STUDENTS!!!

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Caz limo has buses heading to the game.(see below) I'm far from rich but I'd be willing to donate $50-$75 for these kids to rent a bus to get to the game. If we got enough people. even though it's late... I agree it should be the university's responsibility but maybe we could shame them into accountability for future events. Just feel for kids who want to go but can't because of transportation.

http://www.cazlimo.com/trips.asp?t=78

Caz limo has buses heading to the game.(see below) I'm far from rich but I'd be willing to donate $50-$75 for these kids to rent a bus to get to the game. If we got enough people. even though it's late... I agree it should be the university's responsibility but maybe we could shame them into accountability for future events. Just feel for kids who want to go but can't because of transportation.

http://www.cazlimo.com/trips.asp?t=78

Cherie great idea but in todays litigious society probably a risk you dont want to take. If something terrible happened ie an accident or something involving the students on the bus people will sue anyone and everyone.

Cherie great idea but in todays litigious society probably a risk you dont want to take. If something terrible happened ie an accident or something involving the students on the bus people will sue anyone and everyone.

Never even thought of that:(.

Never even thought of that:(.

Most people don't and its very unfortunate that you have to think twice before trying to do something nice like you suggested but unfortunately is the world we are living in today. Still think you have a great idea but as someone who works in the insurance arena I would advise against it.

My wife, who is a middle school teacher, has to arrange buses a couple times a year for field trips, and it's a colossal pain in the ass. Bus companies needs tons of lead time, and the liability issues and insurance stuff is monumental.

Honestly, that may be why SU isn't providing buses. A 500 mile roundtrip for hundreds of college kids? Probably far more risk than they care to take on, and it's hard to blame them. One thing goes wrong and they're on the sharp end of a multi-million dollar lawsuit from a parent.

My wife is a department head at her school and has the same thing going on..she says its not that hard to make it happen. I agree though..that college kids are more likely to trash a bus than middle schoolers.

My wife is a department head at her school and has the same thing going on..she says its not that hard to make it happen. I agree though..that college kids are more likely to trash a bus than middle schoolers.

Not about trashing the bus.

Think college kids, drinking all day, 5 hour trip home after baking in the sun drunk all day... liability nightmare.

As someone who helped organize this stuff for year, the bus companies are the worst to deal with. Trying to get a second with four days notice would probably be a mess. If SUA helped them out, maybe they could pull it off.

Since when do college students need help arranging a road trip?

So, instead of arranging for more buses, they're going to let college kids drink all day and drive back to Syracuse in their cars. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

My wife, who is a middle school teacher, has to arrange buses a couple times a year for field trips, and it's a colossal pain in the ass. Bus companies needs tons of lead time, and the liability issues and insurance stuff is monumental.

Honestly, that may be why SU isn't providing buses. A 500 mile roundtrip for hundreds of college kids? Probably far more risk than they care to take on, and it's hard to blame them. One thing goes wrong and they're on the sharp end of a multi-million dollar lawsuit from a parent.

They won't be in control of the state of the kids on the ride back, but they will be tried to be made liable if anything bad happens.