SU 1 Arizona St 0 watch here now | Syracusefan.com

SU 1 Arizona St 0 watch here now

That 4th inning was the killer. Jen got behind on the batters, walked 2. It's tough to pitch from behind to a team who is #3 in the country with 2 players on our national team. Other than the 4th we only gave up 1 hit and 1 walk. Our biggest problem is hitting we had 2 today and a couple of the girls aren't making contact. We were real close with a team who averages over 7 runs a game. Nothing to hang heads over just have to come back at 10 PM and beat the winner of LBST & LIUB which takes place at 7 PM.

TempeBracket.jpg

Cardinal rule...you cannot make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd. It turned there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Q & Jen did a great job in the circle. Stacy gave up 1 run, on two hits in 5 innings of play, 2 K's, no walks & one HBP. Jen pitched 3 innings in relief just as she did on Friday where she gave up no hits & no runs. Tonight Caira walked the first batter she faced but then mowed down 8 in a row. The one walk was quickly erased in a 5-4-3 double play. Jasmine Watson was replaced at first base in the bottom of the 5th for Kelly Saco who went in for defensive purposes. Kelly entered the lineup in Julie Wambold's spot and Watson became the designated player. Jazz went to bat in the top of the 8th and hit what turned out to be the game winning home run, a blast to left center field. For the game SU only managed 4 hits, two came in the first inning, a single by Grant and a run scoring double by freshman Julie Wambold. A double to lead off the 4th by Lacey Kohl who was stranded and then of course Watson's home run.

SU will now face Arizona State at 6 PM, our time on Sunday afternoon. The girls must beat the Sun Devil's twice in order to head to the Sweet 16 Super Regional's.

Great win and a solid job of support by the SU fans in attendance. You could see them behind the SU bench. They could be heard chanting "Let's Go Orange" throughout the game. I'm pretty sure I heard Kyle Fetterly cheering the team on all day long.

Here is a bit of information that may come as a shock to some. SU is probably the only top twenty-five team in the nation without a decent locker room. What they have is a bathroom where they change, no showers!! Hopefully the athletic department can provide these outstanding athletes with facilities comparable to their abilities once we start getting ACC $$$. It is a true embarrassment when opponents start talking about the cramped and dingy bathrooms where they change. Leigh Ross has done a marvelous job building this program into a national power. It's time she is rewarded with a decent locker room which is more representative of the outstanding program she runs.

Just a reminder, SU is playing ASU again right now. SU leads 1-0 with a 1st inning homer by Watts.

SU Wins! Another SU Softball milestone! Now, can they pull off the upset of the tournament?

Great win. Toughed out a close, well pitched game.

Hope they bring the offense to the next game though.

Cheers,
Neil

Great win. Toughed out a close, well pitched game.

Hope they bring the offense to the next game though.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil, I know how you like doing analysis. Today I put together some stats. Coach Ross has stated that we don't play much small ball. She said everyone in the lineup is capable of taking the ball out of the park. With that in mind and remembering that late in the season we were #10 in the nation in homeruns here are the numbers:

Here is a look at each player and their home runs to at bat ratios with their batting averages

Lisaira Daniels 1 HR every 17 AB so 5% of her at bats result in HR's .339 ba avg

Stephanie Watts 1 HR every 18 AB's 5.5% result in HR's .296 BA

Veronica Grant 1 HR every 54 AB's 1.8% result in HR's .269 BA

Julie Wambold 1 HR every 11.7 AB 8.5% result in HR .264 BA

Shirley Daniels 1 HR every 37.5 AB's 2.6% result in HR's .260 BA

Carey-Leigh Thomas 1 HR every 16.4 AB's 6% result in HR's .238 BA

Jasmine Watson 1 HR every 16.2 AB's 6.1% result in HR .228 BA

Lacey Kohl 1 HR every 37.7 AB's 2.6% result in HR .219 BA

Morgan Nandin 1 HR every 121 AB's .00.8% result in HR .198 BA

Kelly Saco 1 HR every 45 AB's .02% result in HR .133 BA

Gabby Torzilli 1 HR every 4 AB's 25% result in HR's .250 BA (Gabby has only been to bat 4 times)

Ashley Dimon 1 HR every 33 AB's 3% result in HR .091 BA

Thanks. I hope we bash at least 3 HRs. These close calls do damage to the old ticker. :)

Cheers,
Neil

Lost the second game 4-0. Had the bases loaded with one out in the 4th inning (if I recall), but got two strikeouts and couldn't move a runner.

Lost the second game 4-0. Had the bases loaded with one out in the 4th inning (if I recall), but got two strikeouts and couldn't move a runner.
Yes they brought in freshman power hitter Julie Wambold to hit for Nandin. Escobedo had already walked two batters in the inning and was running counts. Wambold took the first two pitches for balls. At this point it's a hitters count and I know in base ball many times the hitter gets a green light. But in this situation, down 3 in the 4th inning and the pitcher getting weary after pitching 10 innings in 102 degree heat I think you work her for at least one more pitch. Julie ended up swinging at three straight pitches and K' ing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom