Women's Lacrosse - SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change]

there has to be more to this.. why wouldnt the ACC-B10 conference heads get involved in this type of decision. It looks bad for the sport.

I’ve never wanted to watch a women’s lacrosse game more in my life, and there isn’t even a streaming option today? Sheesh. It’s 2020

BTN+ is streaming it but you have to pay. Maryland should at least ask BTN to make the stream free based on their meteorological brain fart

I guess we can listen on Z89 through I heart radio.

Last edited:
This is embarrassing for Syracuse and a major FU to the student athletes, who are now forced to give up their Senior Day in front of friends and family. If MD decides they can't travel (what a terrible excuse based on the timing/forecast), then they should either forfeit or ask to move the game up or back. I've never seen anything like this. If the Dome's roof collapsed, that's one thing, but for a possible few inches of snow by game time, this is what SU agrees to?

I simply cannot believe the AD agreed to this. It's a horrible look.
The UM athletic department is famous for being the dumbest and most incompetent athletic department in the country. They ran up so much debt building facilities that were not wanted or needed that they were forced to sell their soul to the Big Ten to avoid bankruptcy.

This is also the school that refused to play Syracuse in football unless SU did not play its African American star back in 1937.

Their tradition of self serving stupidity continues. Thank God this awful school is no longer in the ACC.

This could 100% be a rumor but…

Cathy says: Can’t come up. Bad weather.
Gary says: We’ll come down.
Cathy says: No refs.
Gary says: We’ll bring refs. We’re coming.

True or not, that is so awesome. SU has never beaten UMD before*, UMD is struggling, UMD has every reason in the world to avoid SU, and… This noon game better be televised, streamed, or something.

Asterisks* – Correction: SU beat UMD in 2012.

BTN+ should allow ACCNE to carry the game as well. Crazy!

This could 100% be a rumor but…

Cathy says: Can’t come up. Bad weather.
Gary says: We’ll come down.
Cathy says: No refs.
Gary says: We’ll bring refs. We’re coming.

True or not, that is so awesome. SU has never beaten UMD before*, UMD is struggling, UMD has every reason in the world to avoid SU, and… This noon game better be televised, streamed, or something.

Asterisks* – Correction: SU beat UMD in 2012.

Gait also put the charter bus and the hotel rooms on his own credit card.

GOAL by SU Meaghan Tyrrell. Assist by Emily Hawryschuk.

1-0

27:24

I guess this is what you pay for over on BTN and BTN+ lmao

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.18.53 PM.png