Women's Lacrosse - SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 10, Maryland 5: Sat Feb 29, 12 PM [Date and Location Change]

SWART

9-5
Gary Gait was right. He showed great confidence in his team and they came through for him.

Has to be sweet for him to return to UMd, where he got started as an assistant coach, and beat the defending NC in resounding fashion. Congratulations to him and the team.

Looks like the Maryland women’s lacrosse team was cut from the same cloth their travel department was cut from. Nice.

Last edited:
I'm happy they were able to come away with a win but wayyyy too sloppy offensively for my liking. Quite possibly the worst I've seen since 2018. Other than Emily, the offense was nonexistent and made that Maryland goalie and defense look way better than it is.

Gary needs to figure out something else and change it up offensively when that little flip pass at the top of the arch isn't working. I don't know how many times they turned the ball over whilst doing that-- dropping passes, getting it checked out of their stick, running into each other, falling down, getting called for a moving pick, etc.

Again, happy they were able to win and continue Maryland's losing streak to 3 games in a row now; but they still have some things to work on if we want to compete with UNC.

Sweet that we were able to take it to Maryland for their BS move and get the win. But it’s also BS that the NCAA, the B10, the ACC and SU couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything to get MD here. The win is great. But the seniors AND their parents missed out on a very memorable occasion which was senior day in the Dome. That shouldn’t have happened and the twerps should be punished in some way.

Really? Would never have expected this from a competitor like you. We’ll give you a chance to delete this hiccup.
The clown move was by Reese who knew her team wasn't ready to play at this level and wanted to reschedule for late in the season. Now she has to contend with a team that has its confidence shattered.