Women's Lacrosse - SU 10 vs Boston College 16: Sun May 30, 12:00 PM [NCAAT Championship] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 10 vs Boston College 16: Sun May 30, 12:00 PM [NCAAT Championship]

Watching and reading all of the press BC is getting just hurts right now. Glad for them as it is like a brother / sister beating you but it hurts. We will be there on the list of NC’s soon!!

Coach Gait and team, we love and appreciate you; no matter the score!
0BBC5601-61D3-46E2-BF82-2926538BFCA5.jpeg

Now that the dust has settled, I would like to say how extremely proud I am of this entire team. Yesterday might have sucked and the girls might not have gotten the result that they wanted but just know that they shouldn’t hang their heads because there is a lot to be proud about.

They have been tested more than any other team. COVID19, Costantino goes down, Hawryschuk goes down, Carney goes down, the whole Scanlan mess… If this many things had happened to any other team, I would almost bet my life that they wouldn’t have been able to make it to the championship game, let alone the NCAA tourney. That speaks volumes of the sheer resiliency and leadership of this team.

Which brings me into my next point— the seniors. Thank you for everything you have done!!! They may not have been able to leave with a championship or a ring but they get to leave ‘Cuse with a lifetime of memories, best friends, the best fans in the world, and to be known as the class that changed the culture back into a winning culture which put this program back on the map. That is another accomplishment in and of itself. I hope the younger classes have taken note and continue this leadership and winning culture well into the future.

To the seniors that have no choice but to move on— congrats on an outstanding career and I wish you guys all the best on your future endeavors (if you guys happen to get into coaching you know where to send the next generation lol). To the ones who are able to use an extra year because of COVID and are able to make it feasible (Swart, Fahey, Trice) I hope we get to see you back. A team of depth will only help our cause next year should any accidents happen/someone goes down.

Also can’t forget about the youngsters! Where would this season have gone if they hadn’t stepped up to fill some pretty big shoes? They saved this season without a doubt! Was super pumped about Emma Ward before she even stepped foot on campus so it was great to see her have an incredible debut season like that. Emma Tyrrell— found her confidence this season and made herself known as a legit scoring threat. Markey and Baxter have also had their moments this season but I think we should see more out of them in the near future.

No idea who is planning on going and staying but if we fill in well for the losses on the defensive end this team is going to be pretty scary next year. If we are going to make another championship run we are going to have to have an answer for the loss of Asa. It’s imperative. We cannot leave any stone unturned. Do we already have a dominant goalie thats going to takeover, or do we have to grab someone from the transfer portal?

On a closing note, the future is bright on the hill! I really think this team is headed in the right direction. The dominos are starting to fall into place and mark my words— CUSEWLAX is going to win that national championship soon! I hope Hawryschuk and Carney heal up quickly and are ready to get back at it. I want heads to roll next season.

Outstanding quote that both sums up this season and the love we have for the players and Coach Gait and his staff. We expect these qualities to carry over to the seasons to come, including future National Championships!
5B542686-62D7-46C0-A775-060A1612A203.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom