SU #13 recruiting class in ACC | Syracusefan.com

SU #13 recruiting class in ACC

dinno28

Scout Team
The only team the recruiting class is ahead of is BC

We'll see on the field who made out the best. Somehow, I don't think we will be 13/14 on the field.

HCSS said something like we (Syracuse) might not be the most talented or fastest, but we will def. play the hardest. I'm in!

In 2012, we were ranked 6 out of 8 in the Big East
In 2011, we were ranked 6 out of 8 in the Big East
In 2010, we were ranked 7 out of 8 in the Big East
In 2009, we were ranked 8 out of 8 in the Big East

Ended up the best team in that conference last year.

So much for that.

Here is a quick little study I just performed, comparing the ACC's recruiting rankings over the past 4 seasons to the on-field rankings during the 2012 season.
Georgia Tech should have finished much worse than they did, while Miami, UVA, Maryland, and B.C. all underperformed.

(hopefully, the table comes out right once I hit "post reply")

* = right on the prediction, ~ = close enough (within 2 standings spots)

2009 2010 2011 2012 Avg. Rank Should Have Finished
1 Fla State 1 1 1 1 1 1 *
2 Clemson 7 3 2 3 3.75 3 ~
3 Ga.Tech 8 8 8 10 8.5 7
4 UNC 2 5 3 7 4.25 4 (tie) *
5 Miami 3 2 6 2 3.25 2
6 Va.Tech 4 4 5 4 4.25 4 (tie) ~
7 NC State 10 6 12 9 9.25 8 ~
8 Wake 11 11 10 12 11 11
9 Duke 9 12 11 8 10 10 ~
10 UVA 6 10 4 5 6.25 5
11 Maryland 5 7 9 6 6.75 6
12 B.C. 12 9 7 11 9.75 9

So much for that.

Louisville ended up #13 and Cinci ended up #22 in espn/usa today polls ... SU zero votes ... the rest of the nation doesn't agree with you

When just about your entire coaching staff leaves a few weeks before signing day it destroys the class. Many of the top rated recruits bolt for other programs. We would have been higher without the staff changes. We'll see what this staff can do next year...but no question it sets the program back.

When just about your entire coaching staff leaves a few weeks before signing day it destroys the class. Many of the top rated recruits bolt for other programs. We would have been higher without the staff changes. We'll see what this staff can do next year...but no question it sets the program back.
We would not have been higher. Arguably, not even the same.

right we might end up 14

Well, you don't need to watch if your so worried about it... go root for Clemson or Florida State if you want to be a front-runner I guess since clearly Syracuse has no chance.

Add Zach Allen, Malik Brown, and Gus Edwards back into the class and our ranking doesn't change. You need 4 and 5 star rated players to move up the rankings... I don't think we had any of those in our list even coming down to the wire over the past couple days.

So much for that.
Just goes to show system matters.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Louisville ended up #13 and Cinci ended up #22 in espn/usa today polls ... SU zero votes ... the rest of the nation doesn't agree with you
Boooooooooooooooooooo

Troll

Fire the staff!!!

247 probably is a more fair indication as they do a better job covering JUCO's. I feel like the other places don't get the JC guys nearly as much love.

It worked out that this class was JC heavy. They should be ready to play immediately which will buy the new staff a year to get out there and do their own recruiting, which i am excited to see what they produce. they just didn't have the time to build the relationships for this year.

247 probably is a more fair indication as they do a better job covering JUCO's. I feel like the other places don't get the JC guys nearly as much love.

It worked out that this class was JC heavy. They should be ready to play immediately which will buy the new staff a year to get out there and do their own recruiting, which i am excited to see what they produce. they just didn't have the time to build the relationships for this year.

Thank God this class was heavy on JUCOs. The January enrollees saved us from having a tiny and sparse class. They were locked in before the change over.

So much for that.

Exactly. The rankings are meaningless beyond the can't miss guys. In basketball you can pretty much roll the dice after the top 10 as to who will pan out and who won't. In football, it's probably the top 50. Beyond that it's about physical gifts, work ethic, fit to the system, teaching, and the ability to learn. You can turn a #150 into a top draft pick. It's been done many times. I think this staff can succeed with "hard nosed" players.

Remember Virginia, people. Remember all those years they were raking in highly touted talent, even stealing players from us at the 11th hour? Where did that get them? Al Groh did squat with it.

We will be fine next year. We won't win the ACC, but we certainly won't embarrass ourselves either.

That's right, Petey. We were lamenting the loss of D'Brickashaw Ferguson among others to a Cavs team that really seemed to be loading up for a good run. And the Hoos answered with a resounding thud.

We will be fine next year. We won't win the ACC, but we certainly won't embarrass ourselves either.

That's what im worried about. Our line being outclassed by FSU, miami, clemson, our QBs and running backs not able to do anything because they have no space. Our linebackers getting eaten up. Our wide receivers not being able to get open and our corners getting beaten bad.

I really hope that hard work and our coaches emphasis on fundamentals and scheme makes up for it.

We're at a really important juncture right now. Conference realignment is out of control. No one cares about our history right now. I dont know when the last time we were top 25 was. I care too much about this program to tolerate being able to be left behind. I really hope our athletes are tough enough to battle toe to toe with great competition week in and week out.

Im pretty scared about the FSU game this year. This will be the first time in a while we see a team that is on a whole different level in terms of "talent"

That's what im worried about. Our line being outclassed by FSU, miami, clemson, our QBs and running backs not able to do anything because they have no space. Our linebackers getting eaten up. Our wide receivers not being able to get open and our corners getting beaten bad.

I really hope that hard work and our coaches emphasis on fundamentals and scheme makes up for it.

We're at a really important juncture right now. Conference realignment is out of control. No one cares about our history right now. I dont know when the last time we were top 25 was. I care too much about this program to tolerate being able to be left behind. I really hope our athletes are tough enough to battle toe to toe with great competition week in and week out.

Im pretty scared about the FSU game this year. This will be the first time in a while we see a team that is on a whole different level in terms of "talent"
umm really? Our D line isn't getting out classes by anyone and our offensive line is severely under rated

the yahoo site has UCant ahead of us because of some stupid point system they had 26 kids commit with 12 of those 3* for a 2.5 average. But because we only had 19 kids with 11 3* with a 2.58 average they had more kids over all they were ranked higher

Look at USC. I think they were ranked 12th or something, 12 kids, five 5*, seven 4*, but because they only have 12 schollys to give they fall out of the top 10. RANKINGS SUCK

USC? Mizzou?

We'll be fine.

"pretty scared"...that is a hilarious quote. Florida State basically peed their pants against Florida, with a LOT on the line late in the year. Louisville (who we manhandled-with a LOT on the line, late in the year), made Forida their b*tch. It's all matchups. I can't say I know how we will play against the Seminoles year in and year out, but I know I won't be "scared." And...when I look at this staff recruit new players that were not even on our radar a month ago, and I hear the passion they have for developing young men that give it their all, I am feeling pretty good about the future of the program...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom