Women's Lacrosse - SU 14 at North Carolina 12: Sat Apr 15, 12 PM | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 14 at North Carolina 12: Sat Apr 15, 12 PM

Delaney Switzer truly is the best goalie this program has ever had. Katie Goodale’s ground balls on the DC were game changing she’s just an absolute fantastic player. Tyrell’s continue to be clutch. Team definitely needs to practice ground balls on grass lots to work on but this is a huge win given the game was at UNC

What a phenomenal game -- the second half was a war!

Switzer was phenomenal. Hats off to our players for not folding on the road, when UNC seemed to have all the momentum [like when they waved our goal off].

Coming back and winning the face off / scoring really quickly when they tied it at 12 was HUGE!

What a phenomenal game -- the second half was a war!

Switzer was phenomenal. Hats off to our players for not folding on the road, when UNC seemed to have all the momentum [like when they waved our goal off].

Coming back and winning the face off / scoring really quickly when they tied it at 12 was HUGE!
Agree. Regardless of what happens from here, this team has been great to watch all season.

Let’s hope they can finish things off strong!

F6441CA6-3549-4517-9FFE-A947EB4D943B.jpeg

We were at least two to three goals better than them plus the ACC gave them a free goal this team is great

SU's women set a school record for consecutive victories and break UNC's 41 game home field streak at the same time.

So is their place "officially closed"?
I believe they tied the school record for consecutive wins with the 2012 team.

Agree. She's the type of person/coach who always wants to win, too. And she bleeds Orange. She's a perfect fit for us.
I hope you're right. However, I fear this may be a one-of-a-kind team. It includes a bunch of people coming back from injury and excelling, a bunch of ladies staying for a COVID year and providing tremendous leadership, a bunch of ladies (I'm looking at you, Olivia Adamson) who have stepped up to fill in for injured players, and, finally, a goalie who has emerged--seemingly out of nowhere--to be the best in the nation. I love the spirit, talent, and creativity of this team but I can't help feeling that the real difference between Syracuse and teams like North Carolina and Northwestern is best explained by one player: Delaney Sweitzer. This is no way intended to diminish what the offensive players--the Emmas and Meghans and Natalie, and Maddy and others--have accomplished. They have taken the women's game to a whole new level.

I hope you're right. However, I fear this may be a one-of-a-kind team. It includes a bunch of people coming back from injury and excelling, a bunch of ladies staying for a COVID year and providing tremendous leadership, a bunch of ladies (I'm looking at you, Olivia Adamson) who have stepped up to fill in for injured players, and, finally, a goalie who has emerged--seemingly out of nowhere--to be the best in the nation. I love the spirit, talent, and creativity of this team but I can't help feeling that the real difference between Syracuse and teams like North Carolina and Northwestern is best explained by one player: Delaney Sweitzer. This is no way intended to diminish what the offensive players--the Emmas and Meghans and Natalie, and Maddy and others--have accomplished. They have taken the women's game to a whole new level.
I neglected to add a rock star coach who seems to have an amazing rapport with her players.

From now until a likely rematch with Northwestern, they need to work on draw controls like it’s nobody’s business.

Yeah, and that's just how sports/teams are sometimes. Where would Phil Jackson be without MJ or Kobe? One could probably say the same thing about many teams/coaches.

Time will tell. I hope she's the promised one. We need an Orange sport to be consistently great like the men's teams of the 80s-00s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom