Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM

People are already making predictions saying that 'Cuse will lose today. Could this be KT's first loss? Well, that will depend on her and certain decisions on who is playing/adjustments that are made in-game. If they play anything like they did against ND, I can see them losing this one as well. However, I do hope that they bring it, because I know that NW certainly will...

0-1 / 11:12 1st

GOAL by NU Erin Coykendall (MAN-UP) (FPGOAL)

That's something you don't see everyday.

SU turned the ball over on a clear, and our goalie committed a foul on the check.

NU gets a free position, and the goalie has to stand 8 meters behind.

0-2 / 10:45 1st

GOAL by NU Brennan Dwyer; Assist by Erin Coykendall

1-2 / 6:42 1st

GOAL by SU Sam Swart; Assist by Emily Hawryschuk

2-2 / 4:33 1st

GOAL by SU Savannah Sweitzer; Assist by Emily Hawryschuk

2-3 / 3:23 1st

GOAL by NU Jill Girardi (MAN-UP) (FPGOAL)

4-3 / 13:46 2nd

GOAL by SU Emma Tyrrell (MAN-UP) (FPGOAL)

5-4 / 10:36 2nd

GOAL by SU Emily Hawryschuk (MAN-UP) (FPGOAL)

Last edited:
That's something you don't see everyday.

SU turned the ball over on a clear, and our goalie committed a foul on the check.

NU gets a free position, and the goalie has to stand 8 meters behind.
I can't say that I've watched a ton of women's lax but that's a bizarre rule. It was weird watching it. The BTN is doing a nice job. They said this was Chris Chelios' daughter's first time announcing on BTN. Nice job. It's easy to see why these are two of the top teams with their athleticism.

5-6 / 7:22 2nd

GOAL by NU Lauren Gilbert (MAN-UP); Assist by Samantha Smith;

I can't say that I've watched a ton of women's lax but that's a bizarre rule. It was weird watching it. The BTN is doing a nice job. They said this was Chris Chelios' daughter's first time announcing on BTN. Nice job. It's easy to see why these are two of the top teams with their athleticism.

It happened in 2016:

No. 3/3 Florida scored an empty-net goal 1:06 into overtime to defeat No. 2/2 Syracuse, 11-10, in the Carrier Dome on Tuesday, March 1. The setback snaps the Orange's five-game winning streak to start the season.

Syracuse won the draw in its defensive end to start overtime and immediately called timeout. The Orange worked the ball upfield, but Mollie Stevens knocked the ball out of goalkeeper Allie Murray's stick 10 yards outside Syracuse's offensive zone and Sammi Burgess picked up the ground ball to give Florida possession. Burgess started the fastbreak and was fouled at the 12-yard line. On the restart, Burgess passed to a wide open Stevens on the left side, who fired her shot into the empty net to give the Gators the victory.

Can we change goalies? I really hate to call out a player but seriously can’t do a clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom