Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 at Northwestern 16 (OT): Tues March 1, 4 PM

New to woman’s lacrosse but played boys lax in high school. Not sure about all the sloppy play with this team even from some of their experienced players. Seems like the two Megs were completely taken out of this one. Another thing I noticed during the game was the numbers on the sidelines. It seems like NW had way more girls on their sidelines, not sure if that was because they were home team or just low numbers on the Cuse roster. That might be part of the depth issue. Hopefully they can right the ship before Sunday.

A couple of questions for those that follow the team. I know in reading this a few of you said that the second goalie should play the whole game, seems like neither of them have been great and the second one only had one save. Why should she be the starter and is there anyone else? Second, who are some of the young offensive middies that can step up if Sierra Cockerille is over for extend time?

Thanks for your time. Hope to post more as I get to know the game.

New to woman’s lacrosse but played boys lax in high school. Not sure about all the sloppy play with this team even from some of their experienced players. Seems like the two Megs were completely taken out of this one. Another thing I noticed during the game was the numbers on the sidelines. It seems like NW had way more girls on their sidelines, not sure if that was because they were home team or just low numbers on the Cuse roster. That might be part of the depth issue. Hopefully they can right the ship before Sunday.

A couple of questions for those that follow the team. I know in reading this a few of you said that the second goalie should play the whole game, seems like neither of them have been great and the second one only had one save. Why should she be the starter and is there anyone else? Second, who are some of the young offensive middies that can step up if Sierra Cockerille is over for extend time?

Thanks for your time. Hope to post more as I get to know the game.
I think the 2nd goalie (Kimber Hower) has looked slightly better than the first goalie (Delaney Sweitzer). She has a made more saves overall and has a better save % 34% to Delaney's 23%. Also, not a huge fan of splitting time. Since they didn't bring in a 23 goalie goalie I think they need to go hard after a 24 goalie this year.

I think the 2nd goalie (Kimber Hower) has looked slightly better than the first goalie (Delaney Sweitzer). She has a made more saves overall and has a better save % 34% to Delaney's 23%. Also, not a huge fan of splitting time. Since they didn't bring in a 23 goalie goalie I think they need to go hard after a 24 goalie this year.
There is more to it than just save percentage too. Field awareness, clears, being a ”coach/leader” for the defense on the field, etc is all a part of it. We miss Asa badly right now overall. I agree that one Is better than two right now.

Last edited:
There more to it than just save percentage too. Field awareness, clears, being a ”coach/leader” for the defense on the field, etc is all a part of it. We miss Asa badly right now overall. I agree that one Is better than two right now.
Agree...The 2 empty netters were brutal

KT will, in time build a winning program here.
This season she had a huge learning curve with knowing the current players and with changing her strategy and transforming it into the thinking of players she just begun to know. Some of our key players are coming off serious injuries.

We need to cut her some slack this season; this schedule is loaded with powerful experienced teams and coaches and this is her first HC experience!

There is more to it than just save percentage too. Field awareness, clears, being a ”coach/leader” for the defense on the field, etc is all a part of it. We miss Asa badly right now overall. I agree that one Is better than two right now.
Make sense. I think an old football adage was when you play two quarterbacks you don’t have a #1.

I thought the women got hosed i n this game. I am not sure if the refs were B1G or not but it seemed like Northwestern got a lot of calls compared to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom