Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 at Virginia 14: Sat Mar 23, 12 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 at Virginia 14: Sat Mar 23, 12 PM

12-14

GOAL by VA Katia Carnevale, Assist by Kate Miller. [14:52]

We are back to the offense that drives me nuts. Where is the O from last Saturda?

Replay:

Last edited:
You know what-- this team drives me up the wall, my nerves were off the charts until that final whistle lmao! I'm glad they finally were able to win a close game, on the road, nonetheless, against a dangerous UVA team that has been playing lights out their last few games. Is it too early to say that I feel like UVA is better than BC??? Looks like we will find out in a few weeks lol.

Defense hasn't really been our issue this year, but it seemed like UVA was tearing our zone apart at will. Had we not have been winning draws, we would have lost this game. I would like to see some m2m defense in more games in the future. We cannot live and die by our zone all year and then get torn up in this same fashion come ACCT or NCAAT.

Still feel like we could/should be getting much more from Muchnick on the offensive end. She has had a good couple of games against UNC/ALBANY, but I think she only took one shot today on a FPS where she got stuffed by Josephson. Teams have scouted she likes to shoot low. She learned that against Albany after several unconverted FPS's, which is why she had that nice high side winder goal. Tried doing the same thing against UVA today and got stuffed. She's got to work on her deception and confidence to start dodging and going to goal. If we can get her going, our offense just became more potent.

You know what-- this team drives me up the wall, my nerves were off the charts until that final whistle lmao! I'm glad they finally were able to win a close game, on the road, nonetheless, against a dangerous UVA team that has been playing lights out their last few games. Is it too early to say that I feel like UVA is better than BC??? Looks like we will find out in a few weeks lol.

Defense hasn't really been our issue this year, but it seemed like UVA was tearing our zone apart at will. Had we not have been winning draws, we would have lost this game. I would like to see some m2m defense in more games in the future. We cannot live and die by our zone all year and then get torn up in this same fashion come ACCT or NCAAT.

Still feel like we could/should be getting much more from Muchnick on the offensive end. She has had a good couple of games against UNC/ALBANY, but I think she only took one shot today on a FPS where she got stuffed by Josephson. Teams have scouted she likes to shoot low. She learned that against Albany after several unconverted FPS's, which is why she had that nice high side winder goal. Tried doing the same thing against UVA today and got stuffed. She's got to work on her deception and confidence to start dodging and going to goal. If we can get her going, our offense just became more potent.
You highlight a lot of great points. I was out at another game yesterday, so I just finished watching the game this morning. UVA is the surprise of the year to date. They have a great mix of seniors/grad players along with some very good freshman that are making significant contributions. DiNardo from Corning is one of them.

'Cuse has the athleticism on the back end to play more M2M than they do. In years past they did not. UVA just tore up JMU's zone a few days prior, so the rationale to zone them is nonsensical. If they exclusively zone BC it is likely going to be a long day.

I would like to see a lot more of Mucnnick too. She has similar skillset to Nat Smith and would like to see the coaching staff unleash her. This team is going to need another threat if they are going to make a deep run this year.

Beating UVA in anything is a good thing. Never understood the arrogance of that fanbase. sigh

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom