Women's Lacrosse - SU 18 at Loyola 6: Sat Feb 20, 12 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 18 at Loyola 6: Sat Feb 20, 12 PM

13-3 / 19:48 2nd

GOAL by SU Meaghan Tyrrell (FPGOAL) {free position shot};

13-4 / 14:53 2nd

GOAL by LOYOLA Corolla, Catie; Assist by Rosenzweig, Livy;

18-6 / 1:05 2nd

GOAL by LOYOLA Kluegel, Elli; Assist by Rosenzweig, Livy;

ESPN+

Last edited:
Great opening season win ladies!
2648F0AB-040A-4E94-B7D9-6D6B6FDDB5F4.jpeg

I am black and I forgive you Rilea! I seen the Instagram stories post and had no idea that the symbol meant anything derogatory— didn’t even think twice about it actually. Always thought it was just a game. And anyone whose anyone knows that the post wasn’t meant to be derogatory.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this was all started by Tari (officiallaxgirl) on Twitter and Amari Pollard (a Baldwinsville native). Both who are heavily involved in the BLM movement and lacrosse, which is great— I have no problem with that, we need that in the lacrosse community.

However, what I do have a problem with, is these girls NEVER have anything good to say about our program or players. Anytime they have picks out for whose going to win a certain game, or whose going to win said trophy or accolade — Syracuse players are never on their lips. They would rather name some random Joe-shmo who no one even knows before they ever say a Syracuse player!

With Amari Pollard being a UNC grad or BC/Maryland/Northwestern being some of Tari’s favourites year after year, one wonders if the role was reversed would anything have even been brought up? HMMMM— I’m going to go with a NO for that one lol. Perhaps they seen the way we handled Loyola on the road and saw an opportunity to jump and give us bad press. Possibly rattle us before we play Stony Brook this weekend.

I can’t stress this enough… STAY FOCUSED FOR STONY BROOK! We all know they aren’t coming here to lose and are going to give us their best effort regardless. Go play your hearts out on Saturday. Let’s go ‘Cuse!
Unknown.jpeg

Apparently now I’m reading that they’re calling for a suspension or disciplinary action to be made? Coach Gait/ADJW/Syverud would be out of their minds/crazy to follow through with that. I can understand if it was a blatant act— i.e. saying the “N” word, wearing a hitler mustache whilst doing the hail hitler symbol or something. But really I don’t know a single black person who even knew what that symbol meant.

I get what Tari and Amari are trying to do for BLM, I’m here for it. But moving forward— they really need to pick and choose their battles when it comes to issues like this because I’m afraid that this is just not it. Situations like this can be extremely damaging— not only to someone’s athletic career, but life after college as well. And if you two are reading this (I hope you are) —coming from a fellow black person— this is not funny, cute, or cool. Be better.

Last edited:
I had to look up what the circle game is because I’ve never heard of it before.

Per dictionary.com:

The Circle Game is an activity where one person makes a “circle” with their fingers and holds it below their waist, convincing a second person to look at it. If the second person looks, they receive a punch to the shoulder.

Sounds like a game one would play in grade school with their friends.

I had to look up what the circle game is because I’ve never heard of it before.

Per dictionary.com:

The Circle Game is an activity where one person makes a “circle” with their fingers and holds it below their waist, convincing a second person to look at it. If the second person looks, they receive a punch to the shoulder.

Sounds like a game one would play in grade school with their friends.
That’s exactly what the game is! It was popular when I was in high school/college and apparently still is a thing LOL. The fact that they spun that post into something to do with white supremacy/racial issues is asinine and not cool in any sense. And quite frankly, situations like this are what devalue the BLM movement. Kind of feels like they were reaching here.

That’s exactly what the game is! It was popular when I was in high school/college and apparently still is a thing LOL. The fact that they spun that post into something to do with white supremacy/racial issues is asinine and not cool in any sense. And quite frankly, situations like this are what devalue the BLM movement. Kind of feels like they were reaching here.

I agree Illest. But with the charged political climate we’re in right now, one has to have a little more tact when posting things on social media. I would just chalk this up to her ignorance; not knowing how the ‘OK‘ hand gesture could be interpreted. I hope this gets resolved right away without any more fallout for her or the university.

I haven’t checked the actual Instagram post but what was the context/reason for posting this? Was there a title or description? It seems such a mundane thing to put on Instagram.

I agree Illest. But with the charged political climate we’re in right now, one has to have a little more tact when posting things on social media. I would just chalk this up to her ignorance; not knowing how the ‘OK‘ hand gesture could be interpreted. I hope this gets resolved right away without any more fallout for her or the university.

I haven’t checked the actual Instagram post but what was the context/reason for posting this? Was there a title or description? It seems such a mundane thing to put on Instagram.
I completely agree SD! I cant for the life of me remember the context/reason behind posting that picture. But basically one of the players took over the Instagram account so we could follow her throughout the day as a Syracuse women's lacrosse player. The majority of the posts were a Q/A where people could ask anything they wanted such as: how long practices were, how many days they had to rest, what she does when she's not at school to prepare for lacrosse, etc. Then I think she posted the picture of the OK hand symbol on her leg and I don't remember if there was a caption or if she said she was playing a game or not. I hope this all just fades away if I'm being honest lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom