SU 64 vs UConn 94: Mon Mar 20, 6:30 PM [NCAA 2st Rd] [ESPN2] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU 64 vs UConn 94: Mon Mar 20, 6:30 PM [NCAA 2st Rd] [ESPN2]

It's a shame this team wasn't seeded correctly and given a legit chance to make another FF run in a different region. They were robbed of that chance.

If you look at the stats, SU didn't play badly. UConn had 15 more free throw attempts but we both shot 80% from the line. UConn just shot out of their mind. We only had 9 turnovers vs UConn's 10. Hope the team can find some continuity losing great players like Alexis, Brittney and steady players like the Day sisters and Isabella. Lots to replace.

http://stats.syracuse.com/wcbk/boxscore.asp?gamecode=201703200129&home=129&vis=553
Agree.

UConn is so much better than anyone else right now in women's college basketball, it is amazing.

That was like watching the JV play the varsity. Props to them. My understanding is that Geno spends a great deal of time having his players scrimmage against men. It looks like it. They play a brand of hard, physical, tough ball that I don't see other women's team play. I hope Q experiments with it in the future. Anyone know if the SU women ever scrimmage against men?

One thing I am surprised about is the big crowds that UConn draws in Connecticut. I know there isn't much to be excited athletically about in that state but I would think it would get old watching the lions eat the Christians over and over and over.

Do they like to watch the lawn mower mow the grass? Do they root for the sharks against the surfer? Do they like the IRS and the Grim Reaper?

Credit to Geno for getting his players to play so hard and so focused. They are so much better than other teams right now it is tough to watch. Unless you enjoy massacres. I hope someone else can emerge to make games interesting in the next decade or so.

Agree.

UConn is so much better than anyone else right now in women's college basketball, it is amazing.

That was like watching the JV play the varsity. Props to them. My understanding is that Geno spends a great deal of time having his players scrimmage against men. It looks like it. They play a brand of hard, physical, tough ball that I don't see other women's team play. I hope Q experiments with it in the future. Anyone know if the SU women ever scrimmage against men?

One thing I am surprised about is the big crowds that UConn draws in Connecticut. I know there isn't much to be excited athletically about in that state but I would think it would get old watching the lions eat the Christians over and over and over.

Do they like to watch the lawn mower mow the grass? Do they root for the sharks against the surfer? Do they like the IRS and the Grim Reaper?

Credit to Geno for getting his players to play so hard and so focused. They are so much better than other teams right now it is tough to watch. Unless you enjoy massacres. I hope someone else can emerge to make games interesting in the next decade or so.

I wonder what other teams thought of Tennessee under Pat Summit. That was a Juggernaut program before UConn.

I wonder what other teams thought of Tennessee under Pat Summit. That was a Juggernaut program before UConn.
They won 8 NCAA titles but didn't dominate the sport like the UConn women. Only had one undefeated season under Pat in 1997-98.

They won 8 NCAA titles but didn't dominate the sport like the UConn women. Only had one undefeated season under Pat in 1997-98.
True but in four of the championship games that UConn won their opponent was Tennessee. I know it's just me but I always think of Tenn WBB as a more storied program than UConn...probably because they beat us two years in a row in the tournament.

If they were not in UConn's bracket, they would have gone to Final Four. They could beat South Carolina even they were in their bracket.

interesting to see a team that good make such big mistakes in a tight game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom