SU 64 vs UConn 94: Mon Mar 20, 6:30 PM [NCAA 2st Rd] [ESPN2] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 64 vs UConn 94: Mon Mar 20, 6:30 PM [NCAA 2st Rd] [ESPN2]

Had a glimmer of hope when Q took the excellent timeout at 5-9 and the team responded briefly ... but the cold spell after that, coupled with Nurse and Williams ... and, especially, Samuelson (sorry ;) ... getting hot - we were doomed.
I'm hoping Nurse goes cold in the second half.

Had a glimmer of hope when Q took the excellent timeout at 5-9 and the team responded briefly ... but the cold spell after that, coupled with Nurse and Williams ... and, especially, Samuelson (sorry ;) ... getting hot - we were doomed.
right, even if we were to get hot with 3's they'd have an answer back. It sucks we got such a bad pick in the tournament but ultimately the team that takes down UConn will have to be 150% on their game. We haven't been there tonight

its crazy that the allow them travel into a jump shot off the pass every time.. but its like shooting practice shots when you can just walk into every shot. still Su missed 3-4 chippies and is justing shooting avg and unconn is shooting 70%.. the 2nd quarter Su played fine but it wont matter on a day uconn wont miss.

its crazy that the allow them travel into a jump shot off the pass every time.. but its like shooting practice shots when you can just walk into every shot. still Su missed 3-4 chippies and is justing shooting avg and unconn is shooting 70%.. the 2nd quarter Su played fine but it wont matter on a day uconn wont miss.

Thanks god it isn't just me. I never watch women's ball but I'm flabbergasted that Nurse travelled on every 3 she took in the 1st half. What a joke.

Couldn't watch, I'm on a bus traveling back to the high school with my girls soccer squad. Thank you for the updates so I could catch up and follow along.

Very pleased with the direction of the women's program. Hope they continue to build on their progress. Proud of them regardless of the result tonight.

One of the least unsatisfying losses in memory (especially including last year's NC) ... glad we got this one out of the way quickly. Go Orangewomen, and thank you for a great year! Maybe Kias of the world will reconsider us ... especially with aunts like hers!

If you look at the stats, SU didn't play badly. UConn had 15 more free throw attempts but we both shot 80% from the line. UConn just shot out of their mind. We only had 9 turnovers vs UConn's 10. Hope the team can find some continuity losing great players like Alexis, Brittney and steady players like the Day sisters and Isabella. Lots to replace.

http://stats.syracuse.com/wcbk/boxscore.asp?gamecode=201703200129&home=129&vis=553

Last edited: