SU 68 at Va Tech 76: Sun Feb 20, 12 PM [RSN/YES] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 68 at Va Tech 76: Sun Feb 20, 12 PM [RSN/YES]

That was not a fun game. Frustrating. I have to think a little bit of it is the pauses. We did fairly well in the 2nd half. Just can't get down like that. Just because the men did it doesn't mean you can also.
Go to Yahoo women's basketball stats for a team breakdown, it is eye opening.

There are a lot of nice parts to work with but Q has been unable, for the most part, to get them to work together well.

Tiana and Kiara both want the ball and need it to be effective. Kiara had another awful game. Moving to the 2 guard spot has her out of sorts and she is a mess right now. Those two have been playing together for 4 years but it looks like they were just paired together for the first time.

Digna would probably make ACC first team all defense but she just stands around the perimeter and takes 3s most of the time. Might be a good idea to step inside the circle and see if she can get mid range shots.

Priscilla is going to be a good player some day but she makes a lot of bad decisions. She is like a frisky puppy who just learned to walk.

Faith looks afraid out there when she gets in. She needs to get stronger and tougher.

Emily has kind of disappeared. She is way too talented for that. Would love to see her positioned at the high post and work the high low game between her and Kamilla.

Kamilla is a huge talent but way too easy going. She rushes her shot just about every time. Very flawed fundamentally on defense. That said, she is going to be an All American by the time she is a junior. Someone needs to wreck her car and blame it on the opposing team, like in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'.

We desperately need a reliable outside shooter. Preferably a couple of them. Priscilla is probably our best but she does nutty things like sometimes adding 15 feet to the arc of her outside shots. What is that about? I think she will be good here down the road but needs to turn into a sophomore first.

Seems like every ACC school has shooters but us, and I bet we take more 3s than any ACC school. Hope that guard coming in from Washington State is ready. And the PG from Toronto. They both have a good chance of starting from from day one, assuming the senior guards are not coming back.

There are a lot of nice parts to work with but Q has been unable, for the most part, to get them to work together well.

Tiana and Kiara both want the ball and need it to be effective. Kiara had another awful game. Moving to the 2 guard spot has her out of sorts and she is a mess right now. Those two have been playing together for 4 years but it looks like they were just paired together for the first time.

Digna would probably make ACC first team all defense but she just stands around the perimeter and takes 3s most of the time. Might be a good idea to step inside the circle and see if she can get mid range shots.

Priscilla is going to be a good player some day but she makes a lot of bad decisions. She is like a frisky puppy who just learned to walk.

Faith looks afraid out there when she gets in. She needs to get stronger and tougher.

Emily has kind of disappeared. She is way too talented for that. Would love to see her positioned at the high post and work the high low game between her and Kamilla.

Kamilla is a huge talent but way too easy going. She rushes her shot just about every time. Very flawed fundamentally on defense. That said, she is going to be an All American by the time she is a junior. Someone needs to wreck her car and blame it on the opposing team, like in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'.

We desperately need a reliable outside shooter. Preferably a couple of them. Priscilla is probably our best but she does nutty things like sometimes adding 15 feet to the arc of her outside shots. What is that about? I think she will be good here down the road but needs to turn into a sophomore first.

Seems like every ACC school has shooters but us, and I bet we take more 3s than any ACC school. Hope that guard coming in from Washington State is ready. And the PG from Toronto. They both have a good chance of starting from from day one, assuming the senior guards are not coming back.
Would hope That the 2 Canadians are in the starting lineup with Emily, Cardosa, and Williams.

Forgot to add, having instant offense off the bench from a great shooter like the girl from Washinton will be a great thing.

Go to Yahoo women's basketball stats for a team breakdown, it is eye opening.
I take back everything I said when we won that second UNC game. This team is trending in the wrong direction and will now be the third year in a row where Q’s team has massively underperformed.

I don’t want to say Q has completely lost me, but I’m starting to look at him a little sideways. We all know that he can recruit but unfortunately the coaching has been mediocre at best.. and that’s putting it nicely. Where is the player development? I’m at a loss for words at how we have the roster that we have—yet these girls play so uninspired/inconsistent/hot garbage game after game.

I think he needs to reevaluate everyone that’s on the staff right now, cut the dead weight and get someone in here that’s going to develop and coach these girls to get the best out of them. Unfortunately I don’t think we have that coach on staff at the moment.

If Q wants to continue being stubborn and delusional telling himself everything is okay then this is going be the kind of team Syracuse is going to continue rolling out year after year. Uninspired and mediocre. The ball is in his court, though...

07AE0FF3-3152-497A-8FDC-7673ADE82159.jpeg

Would hope That the 2 Canadians are in the starting lineup with Emily, Cardosa, and Williams.
Maybe. There are a lot of players in the mix.

Agree it is likely that Williams will start at the 2. She has been groomed for this from day one. But watch out of Walker out of Washington State. She is short, and is not highly considered by the recruiting experts. But she can shoot like no one I have ever seen at Syracuse.

Day-Wilson has to be close to a lock to start at the point, though there is another frosh PG named Wilson out of Texas coming in who can play.

Let's not forget Teisha Hyman, a terrific athlete who is sitting out this year due to a knee injury. She could start or play big minutes at guard.

Lattimore is the other Canadian you are referencing. She is a 6'4 PF, and good friend of Day Wilson. She has been able to dunk since she was 13. She might be a bit raw but has great potential. Will surely be in the rotation, not sure if she will start right away. Another really good athlete is coming in from Houston to join the team. Her name is Bartlett. She is 6'3 and a legit top 100 player. Those two will probably split most of the time at PF.

Emily has to start. Assuming at SF. Will be a big part of the team. Same with Kamilla. Djaldi-Tabdi will probably back up Cardoso. Maybe Maud Huijbens gets some PT here too.

Fisher, Blackstone, McNeal and Irvin will all vie for playing time at guard. Washington is returning too but she doesn't seem to have the shooting ability or athleticism to play a lot for Q.

There will be a lot of competition here...lots of good players going at it. The good news is with our starting guards presumably moving on, there will be a lot of playing time up for grabs. Fisher has done pretty well in limited PT and IMHO, is ahead of the others here. She could well win the starting PG job as well.

Maybe. There are a lot of players in the mix.

Agree it is likely that Williams will start at the 2. She has been groomed for this from day one. But watch out of Walker out of Washington State. She is short, and is not highly considered by the recruiting experts. But she can shoot like no one I have ever seen at Syracuse.

Day-Wilson has to be close to a lock to start at the point, though there is another frosh PG named Wilson out of Texas coming in who can play.

Let's not forget Teisha Hyman, a terrific athlete who is sitting out this year due to a knee injury. She could start or play big minutes at guard.

Lattimore is the other Canadian you are referencing. She is a 6'4 PF, and good friend of Day Wilson. She has been able to dunk since she was 13. She might be a bit raw but has great potential. Will surely be in the rotation, not sure if she will start right away. Another really good athlete is coming in from Houston to join the team. Her name is Bartlett. She is 6'3 and a legit top 100 player. Those two will probably split most of the time at PF.

Emily has to start. Assuming at SF. Will be a big part of the team. Same with Kamilla. Djaldi-Tabdi will probably back up Cardoso. Maybe Maud Huijbens gets some PT here too.

Fisher, Blackstone, McNeal and Irvin will all vie for playing time at guard. Washington is returning too but she doesn't seem to have the shooting ability or athleticism to play a lot for Q.

There will be a lot of competition here...lots of good players going at it. The good news is with our starting guards presumably moving on, there will be a lot of playing time up for grabs. Fisher has done pretty well in limited PT and IMHO, is ahead of the others here. She could well win the starting PG job as well.
Day Wilson and Fisher are going to be great as lead guards. Very guick and both can shoot. Lattimore and Bartlett might back up Cardosa at center. They both can play all 3 frontcourt positions. Bartlett was a Tennessee commit as a soph, had an injury and decommitted.
Just hope Q plays 10 or 11 player's, and keeps everyone fresh. With all the talent it could be a fun ride.

Day Wilson and Fisher are going to be great as lead guards. Very guick and both can shoot. Lattimore and Bartlett might back up Cardosa at center. They both can play all 3 frontcourt positions. Bartlett was a Tennessee commit as a soph, had an injury and decommitted.
Just hope Q plays 10 or 11 player's, and keeps everyone fresh. With all the talent it could be a fun ride.
One thing you can say about Q is that he is not afraid to play a lot of players.

We are getting height we have never seen at Syracuse before. I think a bunch of these players are really good athletes too. The manic pressing and run and gun style are well suited for the kids we are bringing in.

Saddle up. It is gonna be a wild ride!

One thing you can say about Q is that he is not afraid to play a lot of players.

We are getting height we have never seen at Syracuse before. I think a bunch of these players are really good athletes too. The manic pressing and run and gun style are well suited for the kids we are bringing in.

Saddle up. It is gonna be a wild ride!
Hopefully fans will be back in the dome, these young women might be like the men's teams with Sherm, DC, Rony, Billy, Stevie and others.
And some of them can play above the rim. Cardosa, Lattimore, and Bartlett might get a lob from Wilson Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom