SU 73 vs Louisville 72: Sun Feb 11, 12 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU 73 vs Louisville 72: Sun Feb 11, 12 PM

Not a smart foul when you’re leading. Latham is going to be a force. Terrific young player. Louisville plays bully ball. They just use their large bodies and plow through people. Twelve blocks by SU. Great win and win number twenty. Coach Jack has to be the ACC Coach of the Year in the ACC. They were projected #10 preseason.
I agree about Coach Jack and would think she should be in contention for National Coach of the year, noting that I’m prejudiced :)

Louisville head coach Jeff Walz on the intentional foul that put Fair at the FT line. "It was a God-awful call. It was terrible officiating. They should be embarrassed. You know, I'll get my fine. But somebody has to start holding the officials accountable. That call was the worst call I've seen in my 29 years of coaching." Alrighty then ...

From Axe

Louisville head coach Jeff Walz on the intentional foul that put Fair at the FT line. "It was a God-awful call. It was terrible officiating. They should be embarrassed. You know, I'll get my fine. But somebody has to start holding the officials accountable. That call was the worst call I've seen in my 29 years of coaching." Alrighty then ...

From Axe

Guy is a total douche

From Axe
All this guy does is cry. Next time tell your players to not grab jerseys

Will be interesting to see the national polls to see where we’re ranked. We’re 20-4 with just 5 more games - 2 at home, 3 away including NCSt who we are tied at for 2nd with right now in the final game if the season. Just have to take care of business, be focused each game. LGO! Corrected our record - thank you Marsh.

We have only 1 more loss than NC State, but are ranked 20 spots lower. We have 4 winnable games before we face them.

Hopefully we can TCOB & climb high enough in the rankings to be in position to play for a 2 seed. Hopefully, we are not too far back to get there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211_151447_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211_151447_ESPN.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Not a smart foul when you’re leading. Latham is going to be a force. Terrific young player. Louisville plays bully ball. They just use their large bodies and plow through people. Twelve blocks by SU. Great win and win number twenty. Coach Jack has to be the ACC Coach of the Year in the ACC. They were projected #10 preseason.
Bully ball describes it perfectly. What a great win today

The ref that called the intentional at the end - at one point during the 4th qtr after a foul call by another ref, she turned to us and said, "you have to play what the defense gives you". Refs almost never talk to the crowd, it was unusual for sure but she is correct.

Hopefully there is a good forward or center in Australia, that Syracuse can recruit.

You’re right about bully ball. Reminds me of the old Pitino teams where he told guys to bump and foul the whole game. Puts pressure on the refs because they can’t call everything, and typically won’t. Louisville has so many players to rotate in and out just to collect fouls, yet we shot what, 14 fewer FT’s? And that one girl is always bumping the driving player and moving her leg out. She caught Dyaisha in the second qtr and didn’t get called, but they called it in the second half at some point.

From Axe
Gotta stand up for his player, but I would argue the tripping call when there was no SU player around the girl that was tripped by her teammate was just a little worse...

From Axe
It was the correct call all the way. He needs to go back and watch the film. At no point did she make an attempt at the ball, and she pulled the jersey. Maybe he thinks it was just a respectful hug to say “good game”? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom