SU 80 vs Notre Dame 85: Sun Feb 19, 5 PM (ESPN2) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 80 vs Notre Dame 85: Sun Feb 19, 5 PM (ESPN2)

Jon Mettus ‏@jmettus 2m2 minutes ago
It’s a two-player show of Marina Mabrey and Brianna Turner for Notre Dame. Mabrey has 13 pts and made all of UND’s 3s. Turner has 12 pts.

Back from the game. Disappointing result but a great game and a phenomenal crowd. The crowd was really into the game and the team was able to respond until late in the game. SU had their chances but we got killed on the boards and from ND's points in the paint. Brittney was awesome the first half, but pretty quiet in the second. Gabby Cooper was on fire from 3 and helped keep us in it the second half. Alexis was steady throughout especially distributing the ball and controlling the offense, but she was cold from 3. Briana Day had a good game offensively but was over matched on the defensive end. ND's center, Turner killed us hitting 13-14 from the field and #5, Young, had 12 rebounds herself while SU's entire team had only 15 rebounds in total. Yet SU almost won and led throughout most of the game. Great effort.

Personally I thought ND camped out in the middle which should have earned some 5 second calls but we gave then position way too easily. ND gang rebounded, they excel at being physical underneath and it's definitely not our strength. Oh and Muffet is wrong, I'd definitely take our backcourt over ND's all day long, she is wrong.

I am heart broken that we lost this game. It was a great game, and we led for 7/10 of the game. When ND made the run, they got too far in front, and despite a gallant effort by the girls to get the "w", they just fell short. I also thought they were tired. Q did not sub out the way he usually does, and they were winded going into the 4Q. They recovered, but too late. I wanted this "w" so badly so I could come see them at home again for the NCAA tourney. I guess that is still a possibility, but they need to move up a bit. Still one more game, and the ACC tourney. I will most likely go see them wherever they play for the first weekend games. Obviously, for me, Syracuse works with seeing my son in Toronto. These girls are such great people. I know most of them. I am so glad they had this attendance, especially the seniors who really have helped grow this program into a premier women's program.

oops correction to above. 2 more games before the ACC tourney...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom