SU 86 vs Notre Dame 81: Sun Dec 31, 2 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 86 vs Notre Dame 81: Sun Dec 31, 2 PM

Great win ladies!
2023-12-29 19:13:31 +0000.gif

Wooley was getting beat up with no calls. Did the refs have their New Years Eve masks on? Cause they seemed to miss a lot of personal fouls on Wooley.
Great shots at the end of the game by Fair who otherwise had a sub par game for her. Latham was the winner!! Some freshman plays, but overall for a true Freshman, she was not the least bit intimidated by the size of this game.
I watched with some friends who I met in Syracuse, they winter here, and we all went to Indianapolis together for the FF. Glad I was with some serious Orange lady fans and friends to watch this game.

Latham is a force, she kept us in that game.
She was a top 100 recruit. She plays tough and will only get better. What this team has that last year's didin't, is some size inside and we can play physical now with physical teams. We were missing the 6-4 center, Izzy V. , the transfer from Michigan. When she comes back, we will have 10 fouls to give at the center position. I like our defensive effort. That is what will win us games deep into the year. Let's go Lady Orange!!! I wish more Syracuse fans would go to the games and support the team. I will see them next week at Chapel Hill. This is an exciting team and worth supporting...

Wooley was getting beat up with no calls. Did the refs have their New Years Eve masks on? Cause they seemed to miss a lot of personal fouls on Wooley.
Great shots at the end of the game by Fair who otherwise had a sub par game for her. Latham was the winner!! Some freshman plays, but overall for a true Freshman, she was not the least bit intimidated by the size of this game.
I watched with some friends who I met in Syracuse, they winter here, and we all went to Indianapolis together for the FF. Glad I was with some serious Orange lady fans and friends to watch this game.
Their point guard seemed to make contact and fouled our players with no calls. Reaching over their body making contact and no call. There was one where they knocked Latham to the ground after she got the rebound and they called her for a travel. The officials were horrible but we were still able to win the game.

I'm reading Donna Ditota's recap of the game where she mentions this: "A small but spirited crowd Syracuse coach Felisha Legette-Jack was so appreciative of, she grabbed the microphone at the end of the game and thanked them for their support."

That was not a small crowd today so I'm not sure what game she was watching.

Chaos game and I loved it. Yes, there was a lot of turnovers but it was a game played where both teams battle for the ball.
Hidalgo plays hard every second and challenged Fair/Wooley and never gives up. When Miles comes back, that will be a scary backcourt.
Our frontcourt was huge today, all 3 played well, and physical today. Latham's scoring was big lift today and Wood has shown lot more fight this year.
I worry if Woolley will last the season, the last 2 games she has hit the floor about 10-12 times a game..

I'm reading Donna Ditota's recap of the game where she mentions this: "A small but spirited crowd Syracuse coach Felisha Legette-Jack was so appreciative of, she grabbed the microphone at the end of the game and thanked them for their support."

That was not a small crowd today so I'm not sure what game she was watching.
Ditota's 2 cents are meaningless, for years she ignored the women's program and still barely mentions them.
Crowd listed 2775

Last edited:
Ditota's 2 cents are meaningless, for years she ignored the women's program and still barely mentions them.
Well I figure that she's not typically assigned to write about the women's team, she covers the men's team for Syracuse.com. She must be filling in for someone else at Syracuse.com that is on PTO and while I don't think the column is terrible, she clearly knows very little about the women's program and how far they have come.

This team could be very good if they just value the ball more. They have so many brain cramp turnovers every game.

Officials calling technicals on NC State for saying "and one" after they're fouled. Two technicals assigned so far, I've never seen anything like it.
Saw that also - so strange.

86-81

Nice work by the SUAD - Q3 on a “final score graphic,” arguably the biggest since the Final Four run.

The person who handles WBB should stop tweeting about nonsense and pay attention to this stuff. Imagine the reaction if it was a football or men’s basketball graphic with that error?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom