SU -9 vs CMU | Syracusefan.com

SU -9 vs CMU

upperdeck

Living Legend
higher than most thought I would guess. so someone is thinking highly of us

Was -11.5 before yesterday. Makes sense. Took Vegas forever to release this line today

Think I might have to bet against my team for the first time ever. The Syracuse offense led by Ronald McDonald scoring 9 more points than the opposition on the road :rolling:.

I'll lay the points.

Wow.

My gut is telling me to go 1 direction.

My heart telling me another.

My brain says go to Missouri.

Are the cardinals home??...

I feel confident that we will come out looking much better against CMU than we did against Nova.

That said, I'm pretty sure Coach Mac set this line.

I will put $250 on the money line with cmu to win... Not having any idea how game will play out the question I ask myself in these situations will be,am I willing to pay $250 for Syracuse to win and the answer is, yes. hits the fan, I make probably $600-$700

I will put $250 on the money line with cmu to win... Not having any idea how game will play out the question I ask myself in these situations will be,am I willing to pay $250 for Syracuse to win and the answer is, yes. hits the fan, I make probably $600-$700
Haha. I've been doing this for years. Greatest emotional hedge ever. It made the GROB era slightly better. Slightly. Bet against us on the ML and hope to God you lose your bet.

Haha. I've been doing this for years. Greatest emotional hedge ever. It made the GROB era slightly better. Slightly. Bet against us on the ML and hope to God you lose your bet.

Me too, it's not a bad way to look at it.

IthacaBarrel said:

Is there ever situation where Cuse loses and you still lose your bet? That would hurt twice as much.

Is there ever situation where Cuse loses and you still lose your bet? That would hurt twice as much.
Not if you bet the moneyline. If you bet the spread you can get emotionally burned twice. Only way it works is to bet moneyline. And people can save the "it's heresy to bet against us". I cheer to lose my bet EVERY time. EVERY.TIME.

Last edited:
Vegas is absolutely brilliant at setting lines so I'm pretty shocked to see SU favored by this much, if I were impartial I would pound CMU. this has typical vegas trap written all over it: CMU is coming off a great win vs Purdue and Syracuse looked like garbage against a inferior opponent. I think Vegas still likes SU and Shafer as a coach, he is 2-2 when he has time to prepare and Clemson was the only blowout.

That being said, I'm betting CMU...

Surprised it wasn't -14.

Early money is huge on CMU. Down to -7.5 at many books

Vegas is absolutely brilliant at setting lines so I'm pretty shocked to see SU favored by this much, if I were impartial I would pound CMU. this has typical vegas trap written all over it: CMU is coming off a great win vs Purdue and Syracuse looked like garbage against a inferior opponent. I think Vegas still likes SU and Shafer as a coach, he is 2-2 when he has time to prepare and Clemson was the only blowout.

That being said, I'm betting CMU...

Vegas "likes" SU and Shafer so much, they set the over/under for season wins at 5.5.

Vegas only likes Vegas, and dopes who think there is easy money. That's a lot of line movement already from -11.5 to -7.5. I think we will see late money to Syracuse.

Honestly until I see it I wouldn't bet on Syracuse covering any line over 7. I wouldn't bet on Syracuse to cover points. I think we will win but I figure it will be close. Our offensive and defensive lines scared me week 1. Hopefully we got healthy on the lines for this week.

I feel confident that we will come out looking much better against CMU than we did against Nova.

That said, I'm pretty sure Coach Mac set this line.

I pretty sure Floyd Little wouldn't allow another pitiful performance under his watch. He seemed like someone had ripped his soul out after the Nova game...and he wanted this thing fixed fast.

A lot of the first couple of weekends featured games close in the first half that turned into second half blowouts. I figure this will be one such game if Hunt plays the full kielbasa.

I will always be amazed at all of you that can gamble on the games too. I wouldn't last one week if I had the stress of winning the game and then worrying about the spread on top of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom