SU BB NCAA Infractions Violations? | Syracusefan.com

SU BB NCAA Infractions Violations?

Geode

Block Head
While driving home just now I was listening to sports radio (610AM, Charlotte, NC) and on comes one of our favorite columnists Mr. Pat Forde. At the end of the interview the hosts were discussing the new NCAA infractions enforcement released earlier this week. Forde ends the interview with a list of schools that should be concerned and he specifically said 'Syracuse basketball program will be in front of the infractions committee in 2013'? It was the most vague and bizarre reference. Does anyone know anything about this or is it Forde taking the opportunity to dig?

While driving home just now I was listening to sports radio (610AM, Charlotte, NC) and on comes one of our favorite columnists Mr. Pat Forde. At the end of the interview the hosts were discussing the new NCAA infractions enforcement released earlier this week. Forde ends the interview with a list of schools that should be concerned and he specifically said 'Syracuse basketball program will be in front of the infractions committee in 2013'? It was the most vague and bizarre reference. Does anyone know anything about this or is it Forde taking the opportunity to dig?
Talking out of his...huge nose.

I am willing to bet he is referencing the supposed failed drug test. I'm pretty sure nothing big will come out of that. There was no competitive advantage gained and there is a fair amount of leeway in the punishment for failing. Forde is a tool.

I believe its true

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was told a rumor from a friend who knows "someone up on the hill" saying we would "have an issue" pop up soon. Didn't post (or even say what it is here) because I assume it is false.

Didn't think it was true, hope it still isn't.

I believe its true

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is for the "failed drug tests" that happened years ago, right Bees? I think we are supposed to answer for those, but if they do something to us for outdated infractions that only surfaced because of the BF scandal, UNC should get the death penalty for their academic fraud. Just saying.

So, what are the possible sanctions for a case of failed drug tests?

Failed drug tests are a school policy not an NCAA rule.

It's a school policy, but if the school puts in a policy, then the NCAA is allowed to makes sure that the school follows it. This is one of those "we encourage you to have a policy, but you don't have to. However, if you do, we as the NCAA can investigate you to see if you follow it". It's the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" clause because you look irresponsible if you don't have a policy.

This is one of those "we encourage you to have a policy, but you don't have to. However, if you do, we as the NCAA can investigate you to see if you follow it". It's the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" clause because you look irresponsible if you don't have a policy.

I hear what you're saying (it does seem a little inconsistent that you don't need a policy, but if you have one then you open yourselves up to NCAA investigation), but is it really damned if you do, damned if you don't? You could also have a policy and follow it, no?

connect the dots. Pat forde works for Yahoo. Yahoo did the story on the failed drug tests. We self reported. This story isn't going anywhere.

true, but once its a policy, the NCAA can enforce violations. Bizarre, but true.

true, but once its a policy, the NCAA can enforce violations. Bizarre, but true.
Correct...and that is why when this first came to light my overriding question was why did we have the rules/laws on the books...once written they are going to have to be held to...so a school that did not have this law etc, and bballers did the same thing, THE NCAA could not react to it...'Cuse could have cooked its own goose here...

Correct...and that is why when this first came to light my overriding question was why did we have the rules/laws on the books...once written they are going to have to be held to...so a school that did not have this law etc, and bballers did the same thing, THE NCAA could not react to it...'Cuse could have cooked its own goose here...
We have a drug policy for the same reason Fab Melo was declared academically ineligible ... b/c SU is a real school. Don't do drugs b/c they're #$%#$%# illegal. I wonder what Cal's rule is (don't store more than a pound worth of chronic in the illegal athletic dorm).

We have a drug policy for the same reason Fab Melo was declared academically ineligible ... b/c SU is a real school. Don't do drugs b/c they're #$%#$%# illegal. I wonder what Cal's rule is (don't store more than a pound worth of chronic in the illegal athletic dorm).
a very good point...I am sure Cal's team does not write any laws, rules down except perhaps must shoot 100 FTs a day or something like that...a real school like 'Cuse with set written policies can be forced to enforce its rules for athletes by the NCAA...without the written policies, the NCAA cannot enforce...that was my point.

a very good point...I am sure Cal's team does not write any laws, rules down except perhaps must shoot 100 FTs a day or something like that...a real school like 'Cuse with set written policies can be forced to enforce its rules for athletes by the NCAA...without the written policies, the NCAA cannot enforce...that was my point.
And I agree with your point ... if you have a policy, as Knicks said, you always have the option of following it. If you don't there are consequences. And there should be. Yes this is a risk ... but not having a policy is also a risk, of becoming a lesser institution.

You guys really think Forde just randomly picked Syracuse out of thin air?

Spill it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

images