SU bowl projections | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

This was the top projection last week and based on yesterday’s results we will see a lot of Fenway predictions. I think we will see some for Gasparilla too but not many projections for
NYC.
As to the Fenway Bowl, if I want to freeze my butt off for four plus hours. I’ll lock myself out of the house and have to wait for my partner to get home. Warm weather bowl please.

The only good thing about Fenway for December football is the extra practices.

Fenway for baseball is great though. This Yankee fan has been there a few times and always had a blast.

Where does that NC State guy have us slotted? He's the only one that I trust on bowl projections.

Where does that NC State guy have us slotted? He's the only one that I trust on bowl projections.
Joe Giglio recently tweeted that his sources have dried up and he is as clueless as we are. He says follow Brett McMurphy, who has the best sources.

Believe that tweet is in this thread a page or two above this.

We know there is horse trading involved and that there are many considerations when schools are matched with bowls. It can get very complex and this makes projections really tough.

And there are conferences that do not have enough bowl eligible teams to meet all their slots. The B1G for instance does not have a team to slot into the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

We all know ESPN has a lot of say in who plays where. So I think we should pay attention to what their experts are saying.

One has Syracuse going to the Birmingham Bowl. The ACC helps provide teams for this bowl and the bowls sometimes work together to allow for fresh matchups and new experiences and matchups. Guessing Syracuse has been consulted on where they would like to play and they indicated they prefer a warmer venue.

They can grab UConn to take the ACC slot in the Fenway Bowl. That would be a delightful match for UConn fans, and while Syracuse fans might not be thrilled about Birmingham, it is better than playing in Boston again. It makes for a win for both programs and my guess is Birmingham would be happy to take Syracuse, a school that has never played there.

We know Clemson let us down completely with their poor play down the stretch and is not going to the playoff. The other thing that could affect all ACC school bowl slots is whether the Orange Bowl takes a team from the B1G.

If they do, the ACC gets an extra bowl and it is a good one (Reliaquest).

That moves most ACC bowl eligible schools up a notch in projections and I think would position Syracuse for a likely berth in the Military.

But most projections have Tennessee going to the Orange Bowl (vs the winner of Clemson and UNC).

So unless this changes, the best we can hope for might be the Birmingham Bowl. I wonder though, if the players had the choice of playing in Annapolis or Birmingham, which would they choose? Not sure on that.

It would be great to have a couple decent options like those to choose from.

Have you ever been to Fenway? There are poles everywhere
I have, but the focal points are different in baseball than football. I've mostly sat in the bleachers too.

Joe Giglio recently tweeted that his sources have dried up and he is as clueless as we are. He says follow Brett McMurphy, who has the best sources.

Believe that tweet is in this thread a page or two above this.

We know there is horse trading involved and that there are many considerations when schools are matched with bowls. It can get very complex and this makes projections really tough.

And there are conferences that do not have enough bowl eligible teams to meet all their slots. The B1G for instance does not have a team to slot into the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

We all know ESPN has a lot of say in who plays where. So I think we should pay attention to what their experts are saying.

One has Syracuse going to the Birmingham Bowl. The ACC helps provide teams for this bowl and the bowls sometimes work together to allow for fresh matchups and new experiences and matchups. Guessing Syracuse has been consulted on where they would like to play and they indicated they prefer a warmer venue.

They can grab UConn to take the ACC slot in the Fenway Bowl. That would be a delightful match for UConn fans, and while Syracuse fans might not be thrilled about Birmingham, it is better than playing in Boston again. It makes for a win for both programs and my guess is Birmingham would be happy to take Syracuse, a school that has never played there.

We know Clemson let us down completely with their poor play down the stretch and is not going to the playoff. The other thing that could affect all ACC school bowl slots is whether the Orange Bowl takes a team from the B1G.

If they do, the ACC gets an extra bowl and it is a good one (Reliaquest).

That moves most ACC bowl eligible schools up a notch in projections and I think would position Syracuse for a likely berth in the Military.

But most projections have Tennessee going to the Orange Bowl (vs the winner of Clemson and UNC).

So unless this changes, the best we can hope for might be the Birmingham Bowl. I wonder though, if the players had the choice of playing in Annapolis or Birmingham, which would they choose? Not sure on that.

It would be great to have a couple decent options like those to choose from.
If we get Birmingham I’ll get the tee time !

Feels like forever when they sent out the Bowl questionnaire and all the options were good...hah anything but Fenway. I'd be fine with watching Gasparilla on TV but doubt I can get away on the 23rd and return home on Xmas eve without my wife murdering me.

How does this work; does SU get multiple invites and then gets to choose, or is that decided by the bowls in conjunction and we get what we get?

The Fenway madness continues. And this is from someone who is actually very complimentary to us as a fanbase.

Paulie on Orange Nation mentioned during a commercial break that he's heard it WON'T be Fenway

Finals are the week before the Fenway Bowl.

Going to bowl game the day after finals is not a good idea. If the academic progress is as important as coaches say it is (it is) then let’s be consistent and not accept an invitation to a bowl that would require these young men to take their finals while away from campus practicing and attending the activities sponsored by the bowl game. The players won’t get to enjoy the festivities that are part of being in a bowl game and it would be a shame to disrupt their final exams.

7-5 should be good enough to avoid being relegated to the Fenway Bowl.

How does this work; does SU get multiple invites and then gets to choose, or is that decided by the bowls in conjunction and we get what we get?

The ACC bowls have a draft.

Orange Bowl gets the 1st pick, and then down the line...

They may be short a couple 6-6 or better teams. That could change the outlook. I will go anywhere, but hate the date of the Fenway.

The ACC bowls have a draft.

Orange Bowl gets the 1st pick, and then down the line...
Okay, so essentially it’s which bowl picks us first. And Fenway is which in the ranking order? Sorry to ask so many questions but I’m genuinely curious. It’s certainly not very transparent it feels.

Brett has his latest update, and if you believe Joe Giglio, this is sobering news for Syracuse.

He also has Tennessee in the Orange.

UL in the Birmingham Bowl
Wake in the Military Bowl
Duke in the Sun Bowl
ND in the Gator
FSU in the Cheez It
NC State in the Mayo
and Pitt in the Pinstripe

No one in the ACC in the Gasparilla.

I bet if Syracuse had to make a choice, they would choose the Gasparilla over Fenway. The players and the fan base would surely prefer the better weather. Both are played before Christmas.

Guessing John Wildhack is lobbying like crazy to get the Military, Birmingham or even the Gasparilla instead of Fenway.

AWBF

That has to be the war cry in the SUAD offices right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom