SU bowl projections | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Now they are definitely either going to the Fenway Bowl or No bowl at all.
Would we really turn down a bowl if it's Fenway or nothing? I don't think we turn down a bowl bid.

Finals are the week before the Fenway Bowl.

Going to bowl game the day after finals is not a good idea. If the academic progress is as important as coaches say it is (it is) then let’s be consistent and not accept an invitation to a bowl that would require these young men to take their finals while away from campus practicing and attending the activities sponsored by the bowl game. The players won’t get to enjoy the festivities that are part of being in a bowl game and it would be a shame to disrupt their final exams.

7-5 should be good enough to avoid being relegated to the Fenway Bowl.
Isn't that finals week for every school basically?

Would we really turn down a bowl if it's Fenway or nothing? I don't think we turn down a bowl bid.

I doubt it but just getting the idea out there might help to prevent it from happening. Fenway doesn’t want to risk being turned down so look at the other options instead. Smart play if that’s what SU is doing.

As to the Fenway Bowl, if I want to freeze my butt off for four plus hours. I’ll lock myself out of the house and have to wait for my partner to get home. Warm weather bowl please.
You and me both Roger. Same goes for Pinstripe.

The finals thing sounds like it’s a legitimate no for Fenway.
Can beggars really be choosers? We could be told it's Fenway or nothing, take a hike. The ACC is probably ticked, here's a northern bowl for a northern team, you've got a ton of students and alumni from that area and now you're saying you don’t want to go. Sit home then. Could this happen? It would be the all-time gaffe by Cuse/Wildhack. Would the ACC call our bluff? Aren't we already the red-headed step child of the ACC? Would they stick it to us here and shut us out if we don't take Fenway? They could tell us if you didn’t want Fenway don't collapse down the stretch with 5 straight losses. You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Checking around …. No , many are the week before. But I think in NY state it is predominant.
Wake’s finals are 12/5-12/10. Their schedule is perfect.

UL surprisingly has final exams. They are scheduled for 12/7-12/13. That would work too.

NC State has finals 12/8-12/14.

That could work, and even if it doesn’t, we are talking about Moo U. Who cares.

Pitt has 12/12-12/16. They have a legit out as well.

Can beggars really be choosers? We could be told it's Fenway or nothing, take a hike. The ACC is probably ticked, here's a northern bowl for a northern team, you've got a ton of students and alumni from that area and now you're saying you don’t want to go. Sit home then. Could this happen? It would be the all-time gaffe by Cuse/Wildhack. Would the ACC call our bluff? Aren't we already the red-headed step child of the ACC? Would they stick it to us here and shut us out if we don't take Fenway? They could tell us if you didn’t want Fenway don't collapse down the stretch with 5 straight losses. You made your bed, now sleep in it.
I don't know. Because academics actually mean something? Who knows?

They’re not going to shut us out. SU is simply making a request to accommodate the players’ academic schedule. Why would the ACC not want SU to go to a bowl and thereby miss out on the $$$ payoff?

Dude pump the brakes. My god

This is an all timer.

Maybe they would ask us why players even have to take finals at Syracuse.

We won our last game and have the tie breaker with Louisville. Let them play in it.

Isn't that finals week for every school basically?

Not quite.

Cincinnati and ECU are two of the teams we are projected to face in the Fenway. Both is those schools end finals the previous week, December 9th.

So while our players are taking finals, which would interfere with practices and meetings, our opponents would be able to prepare for the game and take in all of the bowl game activities without having to worry about academics. That’s not exactly a level playing field.

Making a bowl game should be a reward, a time to relax and prepare to play the game you love one more time. This doesn’t look like a good fit for any program that is taking academics seriously.

Lot's of questions...

EYOulMRXQAE--s3

Technically we finished 3rd in our division since we have tie breaker over Louisville/NCST. I wish the political behind the scenes stuff wasn’t part of it and you just go to the bowl where you finished.

I would want the Pinstripe. Good, respectable bowl, where we would have a good crowd and play a B10 school. We haven’t been there in a decade I’m sure they would be interested in having us back. I don’t want to go to military or some bowl where we play an AAC school.

I think there are some misconceptions about how this works. I am pretty sure that other than the Orange, which goes to the conference champion, bowls are in two tiers, and the ACC, schools, and Bowls work together to slot the best fit for the respective bowl game. The first tier is basically all bowls but the Gasparilla and Birmingham. There are nine eligible teams for the eight tier I slots, which includes Fenway, Military, and Pinstripe. There are really no good fits for the Fenway, other than maybe Syracuse and Duke.

ADJW called in to a Rochester radio show today about 1:00 and dropped the Fenway = finals nugget and then just about “said without really saying” it was Pinstripe.
Do you remember what he said? At least the said without saying part!

The ACC isn't going to say any such thing to Syracuse. They will try and work with us. And if you read the article, that is all we asked for. There is no drama here. We don't want to go to Boston again. Try to work with us ACC. That is all we asked them to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom