SU bowl projections | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

CE5AB577-CBB3-416D-9ACD-42911765381E.jpeg

If someone had said before the season we’re going to give you the Pinstripe….I mean, come on. We’d have been rejoicing.
Probably...but I hate that the thought that a mid-tier bowl game is supposed to get us excited. Still living in the past I guess.

If someone had said before the season we’re going to give you the Pinstripe….I mean, come on. We’d have been rejoicing.
True. That said, if someone said pinstripe at 6-0 we would all be like What?

Expectations change.

That being said, i am excited at the team's step forward and looking forward to the Pinstripe Bowl.

Grades are human assign ratings and not a stat.
I grade their grading as a poo emoji. Statistically that's what it is, don't blame the stats
Pro football focus is really focused on college football obviously

True. That said, if someone said pinstripe at 6-0 we would all be like What?

Expectations change.

That being said, i am excited at the team's step forward and looking forward to the Pinstripe Bowl.
Clemson ND Pitt FSU Wake in whatever order the games were

Have we ever had a tougher five game stretch?

I think this will be my last update.

Spent some time reading a bunch of ACC football message boards.

From what I can piece together, here is how it is going to go down…

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

It appears that a huge domino in these selections was what the Pinstripe did. They chose Syracuse (no doubt Syracuse lobbied hard for it).

There were apparently expectations Pitt was going to get the nod here (they apparently preferred it over the Sun). When Syracuse was picked instead, it meant the Sun got Pitt (instead of Duke). Wake was expected to get the Military but with Pitt in the Sun, Duke was sent to the Military. And Wake got bumped from the Military to the Gasparilla.

Duke and Wake fans are not happy. Duke fans really wanted the Mayo Bowl, or at least the Sun given their 8-4 record.

And it appears all but certain the B1G team in the Pinstripe will be Minnesota, whose fans are very unhappy. They think they deserved a more prestigious bowl against a more prestigious opponent.

It appears they are still a very stupid fanbase. I look forward to some interesting conversations on this board with some of them.

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

It appears that a huge domino in these selections was what the Pinstripe did. They chose Syracuse (no doubt Syracuse lobbied hard for it).

There were apparently expectations Pitt was going to get the nod here (they apparently preferred it over the Sun). When Syracuse was picked instead, it meant the Sun got Pitt (instead of Duke). Wake was expected to get the Military but with Pitt in the Sun, Duke was sent to the Military. And Wake got bumped from the Military to the Gasparilla.

Duke and Wake fans are not happy. Duke fans really wanted the Mayo Bowl, or at least the Sun given their 8-4 record.

And it appears all but certain the B1G team in the Pinstripe will be Minnesota, whose fans are very unhappy. They think they deserved a more prestigious bowl against a more prestigious opponent.

It appears they are still a very stupid fanbase. I look forward to some interesting conversations on this board with some of them.
Tom, thanks for the updates. Reminded me of the Big East/ACC tournament weekly projections one of the board members used to do. I appreciate your effort. I don't blame Wake fans for being upset. All in all, I would have preferred a different bowl for the players but at least I can travel to the Bronx from CNY and do a day trip with a 2 p.m. kickoff, so it works for me and my sons, even though the tailgaiting at YS is not the best. Hopefully we can give Minnesota fans what we gave them the last time they were disappointed to have to play lowly Syracuse in a bowl.

Last edited:

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

Apparently the Dookies think the reverential deference accorded to their hoops team, should somehow magically carry over to their football team,
because reasons?

Meanwhile, the bowl committees looking at Dook football be all like:

1670163933738.gif

Seems like all the world agrees on pinstripe except for one last espn writer who has us in Birmingham
Yes. Even Jerry Palm, who is exceptionally awful at this, now has us in the Pinstripe. He had us in the First Responder Bowl as late as last night.

Lots of boneheads doing this.

Orange Clemson
CheezIt FSU
Gator ND
Holiday UNC
Sun Pitt
Mayo NC State
Pinstripe Syracuse
Military Duke
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

Thanks, Tom. For the kids' sake (and members on this board), I wish they could have gotten a warm weather site, but barring that, This certainly makes the most sense.

OK, shocked Minnesota fangirl - prepare for Bowl Loss 2.0!

Yes. Even Jerry Palm, who is exceptionally awful at this, now has us in the Pinstripe. He had us in the First Responder Bowl as late as last night.

Lots of boneheads doing this.
Jerry Palm is always the outlier when it comes to SU in bowls. He still had us not playing in a bowl one year even after it was announced we were playing in the Texas Bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom