SU bowl projections | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

If the B1G Pinstripe representative is Illinois, I don't want any part of the game. It's a lose-lose situation.

If Syracuse wins, everyone here will say that Tommy isn't the QB he was hyped to become. If Illinois wins, everyone here will crap on Dino for letting Tommy get away.

Not sure how the bolded is a lose/lose situation. Even if some bad takes are made on Tommy.

Not sure how the bolded is a lose/lose situation. Even if some bad takes are made on Tommy.
I don't believe he would deserve it. He didn't succeed at SU but has had a good year at Illinois with a much better OL

Don’t shatter my dreams of a bowl game in shorts/t-shirt… ;) I need to get out of upstate NY more, apparently. Which isn’t even a good excuse as I was in Charlotte this week. Sigh.

Regardless, strong suspicion we are heading to NYC.
You can still wear shorts and a t-shirt in the Bronx, problem solved!

If the B1G Pinstripe representative is Illinois, I don't want any part of the game. It's a lose-lose situation.

If Syracuse wins, everyone here will say that Tommy isn't the QB he was hyped to become. If Illinois wins, everyone here will crap on Dino for letting Tommy get away.
People will always complain, but why not just state the obvious: Tommy is much better suited to Illinois and Garrett a much better fit for us. Both programs won.

Honestly, the weather difference between Annapolis and NYC will be minimal, at most. Like right now it’s 55 degrees in NYC and 53 in Annapolis.
I just don't want the pre-Christmas Fenway Bowl to let our players have more time to heal.

I don't believe he would deserve it. He didn't succeed at SU but has had a good year at Illinois with a much better OL
He had an almost statistically identical year this year at Illinois that he had here in 2019. The difference at Illinois was their Defense and Chase Brown. Take either one out of the equation and he probably has a worse year than 2019. Illinois had a good year and his job was to not screw up.

Person in the above tweet used to work at Lubin...Another NYC SU person has cancelled their Xmas to New Years week trip, so there is all that...But shhhh. Don't tell anyone. I already sent to our alumni reps here in AZ to plan for the Pinstripe Bowl for a game watch.

He had an almost statistically identical year this year at Illinois that he had here in 2019. The difference at Illinois was their Defense and Chase Brown. Take either one out of the equation and he probably has a worse year than 2019. Illinois had a good year and his job was to not screw up.

Nah.

FF5E0831-E2EE-4EC2-B49F-87DCF3E19997.jpeg

Yes but a bowl game is a much easier sell to my wonderful girlfriend :rolleyes:
There's an amazing arboretum right there in Jamaica Plain, as well. Maybe that will help. Is she artsy or nerdy?

Very bold of all of you to assume I would be selling her on accompanying me on this trip and not leaving her at home for a weekend

Another update. Maryland played in the Pinstripe last year. Minnesota fans think this means it is unlikely the Terps go there again this year. I agree.

They seem pretty resigned to playing us in NYC. But think maybe Wisconsin might end up there.

The latest post from Crawford of 724 thinks FSU gets the CheezIt, with ND in the Gator and NC State in the Mayo. He says that in a post on the NC State message board but the link for his predictions omits NC State completely. He has Duke in the Mayo.

So I think he meant to put NC State in the Mayo. Guessing if./when he finds his mistake, he will put Duke in the Military and Wake moves to the Gasparilla.

McMurphy still has ND in the Reliaquest, so all his ACC predications are flawed. What a bonehead.

Makes me pine for Joe Giglio and his yellow legal pad. A little.

Still a little worried Duke might jump us for the Pinstripe, Duke gets the Sun and Pitt gets the Pinstripe, but multiple insiders from Syracuse and Minnesota are saying these teams are a done deal. The B1G apparently really values getting new blood in the Pinstripe and if Minnesota goes this year, there will be 8 different B1G schools in the bowl the last 8 years.

Also hearing Minnesota will be without a couple stars for their bowl game, including their star RB.

Isn’t a Gopher the animal you try to run over when you’re driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom