SU bowl projections | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

It's nice to get the recognition, but I hope the players don't read this stuff and begin playing like we already have a bowl berth locked up. They need to keep playing with a purpose, and let the bowl situation sort itself out towards the end of the season.

It's nice to get the recognition, but I hope the players don't read this stuff and begin playing like we already have a bowl berth locked up. They need to keep playing with a purpose, and let the bowl situation sort itself out towards the end of the season.
I’m pretty sure our new coaching staff will make sure they don’t lose focus.

Anae will crush their skulls with just one glare if they dare to take their eyes off the prize

as good as this team has looked so far, I am still of the mentality that I will take any bowl game, after only being in 4 of them the last 17 seasons, which is pathetic. Once we hit 6 wins(please be after 6 games!) then I will start getting greedy!
Probably a healthy way to look at it.

I feel somewhat similarly. The main objective this season is getting bowl eligible. We do that, we're a success.

Everything after that is gravy. And next season the objective is to make two consecutive bowls. And once we do that, anything else is gravy.

Need to establish as a program that when guys come here they're going to play in bowl games.

I feel somewhat similarly. The main objective this season is getting bowl eligible. We do that, we're a success.

Everything after that is gravy. And next season the objective is to make two consecutive bowls. And once we do that, anything else is gravy.

Need to establish as a program that when guys come here they're going to play in bowl games.

Fundamentally, agree with both takes.

But it feels like this team is capable of a LOT more than minimum bowl eligibility this year. Hope we prove it... starting Saturday.

Fundamentally, agree with both takes.

But it feels like this team is capable of a LOT more than minimum bowl eligibility this year. Hope we prove it... starting Saturday.
I agree.

But if by the end of the season we made a bowl even if we kind of fizzle out along the way, the season's a massive success.

Athlon Sports and Last Word On Sports both put them in Fenway. Most others have Pinstripe.

It's an incredible scene for a game with the picturesque mountains in the background, I usually tune in for a few minutes each year to see the beauty
To me the Orange, Sugar, Cotton, Fiesta and Rose are Tier 1.

The Gator & Peach were Tier 2.

Then the Sun, Holliday & Liberty cleaned up the rest of the top 20 in Tier 3.

The other 4-5 bowls just filled in behind it.

Now there’s 40 bowls.

Su vs Illinois in the pinstripe would be such a cliché

Now there’s 40 bowls.
That's exactly the way I remember it as a kid back in the 70s, except there was no Fiesta Bowl, I think that started in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember watching the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl from the Astrodome and sponsored by the margarine/butter company. It was always on New Year's Eve and broadcast in NY on WOR or WPIX and produced by the MizLou Sports Broadcast Network. For some reason, I remember Howard David on play-by-play each year. Howard did Monday Night Football on the Westwood One radio network with Boomer Esiason for a long time. Great times and memories.

Su vs Illinois in the pinstripe would be such a cliché
I don't believe you people. We win 2 games and already you are talking about bowls. Lets take this season 1 game at a time and keep our heads screwed on straight. I don't need to remind you that we have one of the tougher schedules in the country and already have 2 starters out for the season. We still have a long road ahead of us...Go Orange !!!!

Now there’s 40 bowls.

I'd put Citrus and Outback (Hall of Fame bowl back when we could see our feet) as Tier 2 bowls.

I'm guessing they all read this stuff last year when we were 5-4 heading into a bye week.

And that they all remember what happened next.

We aspire to be a program that is good enough to have players who will opt to skip the bowl game.

That's exactly the way I remember it as a kid back in the 70s, except there was no Fiesta Bowl, I think that started in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember watching the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl from the Astrodome and sponsored by the margarine/butter company. It was always on New Year's Eve and broadcast in NY on WOR or WPIX and produced by the MizLou Sports Broadcast Network. For some reason, I remember Howard David on play-by-play each year. Howard did Monday Night Football on the Westwood One radio network with Boomer Esiason for a long time. Great times and memories.
the Fiesta is definetly nouveau riche, but by year 4 in '74 they were getting top 15 teams.

i remember the Bluebonnet on Ch 9 or 11 on NYE as well. especially since that was likely my NYE main event back in the late 70s early 80s!!

Chip, ill give you the Citrus for that was the Tangerine Bowl, but the HOF started mid 80s i think.

i hated going to that bowl 2x.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom