SU bowl projections | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Chip, ill give you the Citrus for that was the Tangerine Bowl, but the HOF started mid 80s i think.

i hated going to that bowl 2x.

I didn't realize HOF started in 1986. That bowl must have gained credibility almost instantly. Kind of like the Blockbuster Bowl (now our beloved Cheez-It), which debuted with Penn State vs. Florida State. Both top 10 teams. Who gets to do that??

1991 was my first year really following us, so for me, was cool to play Ohio State. Just wish I had the cash to go.

Jerry Palm of CBS Sports

BA4906C6-CD03-47C7-BADC-137115C9F611.jpeg

I see one of 4 scenarios happening. SU has a good opportunity to finish with more than 6 wins. The ACC has done well out of conference and we will see a logjam of 8-4 type teams including ND.

1- Pinstripe Bowl. Geography and projected win totals put them here. If Rutgers or Purdue get 7-8 wins we will go elsewhere.

2- Military Bowl Annapolis. If we beat teams we should but lose to stronger ones we land here at 7-5.

3- Sun Bowl El Paso. Outlier game in TX. Charlotte will take NC team so if we don’t go to NYC we could land here.

4- Holiday San Diego. Same as #3. Homecoming for Dino. No local option but a nice destination bowl.

Thanks to TexanMark or flagging this for me. This would be awesome for me on a personal level.

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl​

Friday, December 30, 2022
2:00, CBS
Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, TX
Last Year: Central Michigan 24, Washington State 21
Bowl Ties: ACC vs Pac-12
Bowl Projection: Syracuse vs Arizona

I see one of 4 scenarios happening. SU has a good opportunity to finish with more than 6 wins. The ACC has done well out of conference and we will see a logjam of 8-4 type teams including ND.

1- Pinstripe Bowl. Geography and projected win totals put them here. If Rutgers or Purdue get 7-8 wins we will go elsewhere.

2- Military Bowl Annapolis. If we beat teams we should but lose to stronger ones we land here at 7-5.

3- Sun Bowl El Paso. Outlier game in TX. Charlotte will take NC team so if we don’t go to NYC we could land here.

4- Holiday San Diego. Same as #3. Homecoming for Dino. No local option but a nice destination bowl.
Fenway is in play too IMO.

247 Sports does not have SU in a bowl in this morning’s projections. They do have UVA in, though.
They also JUST included us in the game predictions so it possible they think we’ve only played one game

Fenway Bowl: Syracuse vs Cincinnati
We will have just played in Boston on November 26th. It would be a truly awful move to ask Syracuse to go there again less than a month later.

No one is going to want to make two cold weather trips that close together to the same place. Except maybe some alums and fans in the Boston area.

We will have just played in Boston on November 26th. It would be a truly awful move to ask Syracuse to go there again less than a month later.

No one is going to want to make two cold weather trips that close together to the same place. Except maybe some alums and fans in the Boston area.

I miss playing BC in October. I rather have the last game of the year be rotated with our non "rivals" in ACC play. Miami and Wake do not have yearly last games of the season. I prefer ending 2023/2025 with Wake, and 2024/2026 with Miami. Let's play BC and Pitt in October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom