SU gave Geno Smith one of his roughest afternoons last year | Syracusefan.com

SU gave Geno Smith one of his roughest afternoons last year

Tavon Austin is the WVA player who concerns me, both as a WR as well as a kick returner. Our secondary and return teams have been suspect all year, and I worry that Austin will be another in a long line of WRs who end up having career days against us.

Tavon Austin is the WVA player who concerns me, both as a WR as well as a kick returner. Our secondary and return teams have been suspect all year, and I worry that Austin will be another in a long line of WRs who end up having career days against us.

That and in conjunction with no pass rush could spell disaster for our secondary. Not sure if the current defense can put pressure on Geno like last year. Hopefully Shafer will have something up his sleeve to bother the QB Friday.

Looking forward to seeing which defense shows up.

G.O.

I think the good defense shows up. For all the criticism about how rough the defense has looked, they haven't been at full strength since Wake. Chandler is going to change A LOT, IMO. Even if he doesn't walk away with more than a sack, he is going to be amped and the result is going to be a lot of secondary impacts. The DBs, who I think have been making strides (some of those mental errors vs Tulane came despite some great coverage), won't have to cover as long. Brandon Sharpe playing less means fewer big penalties. More attention on the stud DE means more of a chance for our young LBs to catch the OL napping on blitzes... especially the way Davis has really stepped up. And Crume showed some badass flashes last week... REALLY want to see him crush the pocket a couple times if Geno is forced to step up to avoid the rush.

Can we jump some routes? I would love to see a pick 6 on Friday.

Can we jump some routes? I would love to see a pick 6 on Friday.

And if we can jump one, can the defensive back catch the ball? That's been as big a problem as anything.

And if we can jump one, can the defensive back catch the ball? That's been as big a problem as anything.
It's a bit tricky to catch a ball when you're wearing a cast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom